wonderlic scores

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ONUV, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Memphis is my team as well, so it wasnt a diss. Just honesty.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:moon2: I wonder if you'd lick this.

There actually has been a decent study performed that showed no statistical correlation between Wonderlic scores and NFL success.

3. Deuce Wayne

Cool. That must be why Vince is completely understanding how defenses work.
    People seem to get it confused. It doesn't mean you'll fail or succeed. However it does provide a good analysis of how intelligent you are. If you cant figure out simple questions using your brain, chances are a defense isn't going to be any easier.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, and im glad david carr was smart enough to get a high score on the wonderlic, but not smart enough to understand that big men were trying to hurt him.

5. Deuce Wayne

David Carr didn't have much choice.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he could have thrown the ball away instead of running around like retard?

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree the intent often gets confused. But most teams use it as an indicator of how rapidly or intuitively a prospect can comprehend/process information. There is debate as to whether the test can accurately assess that skill and even if that skill IS necessary to be a successful NFL QB. We had a thread on this topic a year or two ago. The study reference is buried in that thread but if you google Wonderlic correlation it will come up I'm sure.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I think it is comical how some of our fans like to ride Vince about his wonderlic score when he got a higher score than one of the great QBs of all time, Dan Marino. Of course there have been some steller failures at QB that did really well on the wonderlic. David Carr, Drew Hensen, Joey Harrington, David Klingler, all did really well on the wonderlic and sucked as QBs. Marino and Farve sucked at the wonderlic and are hall of fame QBs.

I say draw the conclusion you want but its pretty obvious the test is useless, I don't know of too many Companies that still use the test.

BTW here is the website I used to get most of my information.
    http://www.macmirabile.com/Wonderlic/Wonderlic.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar