Wonderlic revisited

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by nigel, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

PFT is reporting that after Vince's improperly graded test was regraded, his score did improve... from 6 to 7.

They're also saying that the test he re-took on Sunday was the exact same version of the test he took on Saturday.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I'd hate to be working in the league PR office right now... the labor situation, the awful playoff officiating, the Wonderlic fiasco... those poor guys blood pressure has to be through the roof.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I thought the NFL was supposed to release those scores yesterday.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Wonderlic doesn't correlate to NFL passing efficiency. I no longer care what anybody's Wonderlic score is.

4. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Even if they did, they dont get released publically... at least officially.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

Thats encouraging:suspect:
    How do you only get 6 right on those tests

6. That's fine, but teams do...

7. Technically, they found that he answered 2 more correct than before. But they deducted a point for misspelling his name...

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

So Pro Football Talk's Rumor Board is what we are going with now?

Again...teams may take into account scores, but they are secondary at best. They will bring players in and test them on recognizing coverages and such. You think if a player scored a high score on the Wonderlic, but when brought in to interviews wasn't able to pick up the cover 2 on film, that the team would say "yeah...he can't read defenses on film, but did you see he got a 35 on the Wonderlic!"

Too big of a deal is being made.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

If you are serious, I'm speechless.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't think it's blown out of proportion personally. The issue isn't that 6 is a bad score. 6 is one of the all time worst scores. If you make like a 12, it's still possible that you have some kind of a brain between your ears. Honestly, I think that most 8th graders could make higher than a 6. That's just pathetic any way you shake it. It tells me he's either lazy or retarded. Either way, it's a bad situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar