with the first pick. from n.c.st.......what?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by hickoryholla, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Mario Williams's upside is called Reggie White. He's even faster than Reggie too. He's a beast in terms of size/athleticism and talent.

The downside is in college, he can take GAMES off! In the few games I watched live, I thought Manny Lawson was more dominant. Of course, since Lawson runs the 40 in about 4.4, Mario's 4.7 looks slow.

However, how would you like having Julius Peppers on your D opposite KVB? Outside of the Panthers, you could have the best DL in the league...a good thing to have if you're gonna keep playing a lot of zone!

Gut

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

we are just gonna sign Dwight Freeney when he is a Free Agent next year.:brow:

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Dwight Freeney won't be a free agent. Why do you think the Colts keep plugging in new defenders? They MUST keep Freeney or their D will start to fall apart.

No Cover 2 team can be dominant without a superb pass rusher (Tampa, Panthers, Colts). Not that the Colts D is dominant, but I think they'll be keeping him. Plus, Mario could be as good or better.

Key word being COULD!

Gut

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Really think the Colts can afford to pay him to be the highest paid DE in the NFL (which is what he will get), coupled with Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Simon, Stokely and whoever else they have tied up.

5. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

Thats what is so great about the pre draft hype. You have 5 diferent guys going #1 Just last week and all preseason it was Bush no out of nowhere the hype sucked Mario in. I love it this is the second most exciting time of year especially when you have a high draft choice. But the draft goes Bush, williams, Young....I hope. Unless some miracle happens and Bush drops to third because notoriously RB's have better value in the beginning of their career. We'll see and I dont think the Titans could pass on the next Mike Vick type player with Young, and Historically (at least since the mid to late eighties) the Titans have had the best (not to turn this racial) black QB's in the NFL which equates to Top 5 QB's in the leaugue, Moon was the man, Mac was the man and Young will be the man.

6. ya, unless reggie drops to us, i dont see how we can go with anyone but young, he is the kind of player that we always have behind center

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

since when did he start that:ha:

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think the Colts know where their bread is buttered and on D it's Freeney or bust. They will find a way to keep him and sign him to a long term deal with his bonus spread out...probably to coincide with when Harrison will be retiring/getting cut in a few years.

Then again, I would have told you that there was no possible way the Titans would have let go Runyan, Kearse, Rolle, Mason, ect without getting ANYTHING in return. Of course, Bill Polian is still supremely admired and my liking of Reese has taken about 7 big hits!

Gut

Gut

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Hey, he likes his compensatory draft picks umm k.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

If you were a rookie GM and just 'let go' 5 of your 10 best players for NOTHING except compensatory picks...you'd be fired in a heartbeat!

Picks at the end of rds 3,4,5 don't equate to 2nd rdrs or better.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar