With the 33rd Pick of the 2016 Draft: Clemson DE Kevin Dodd

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

My then 13 year old daughter knew Dodd was a bad pick. Almost inexcusably bad pick- except it was JRob's first draft and he had to rely on prior scouting staff and methods. Still- he's paid the money to get it right and he wasted some valuable 2nd round picks.

JRob is a bit above average GM thus far. People shouldn't be sucking him off so much until we actually are playing like winners and winning.

2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Winning percentage 2 seasons prior to Robinson's arrival- 15.6%

Winning percentage since arrival (with an 18-39 Head Coach) - 56.5%

Please, give us some more of your 13 year old daughter's insight.

3. Riverman

She also understands that 56.5% is slightly above average.

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

So she's disregarding the fact that the team has quadrupled their winning percentage while he's only had a short time to improve a doormat of a team. She sounds as stubborn as you.

5. Riverman

Nope. She just understands W-L %'s unlike you.

But seriously- let's see how these next two games work out. I'm excited about them. I'm excited about the division race. More than I've been in years. I hope they win and I can state without hesitation JRob is awesome and the team is back. It really is a blast when Nashville has a team that consistently has a chance.

The people around here WILL support a good team, especially if the players stop all the personal agenda nonsense.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The Ws will come more more frequently when we have a good coach. I also think that we'll get better players. Robinson currently has to get guys who fit outdated offensive philosophies and an 80 year old DC. That Henry pick had Mularkey's fingerprints all over it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Riverman

We just have to start winning the "key games' that will get us in, and then advance us, in the playoffs.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

So you would be happy with 30% because that's doubled?:bliss:

56% still sucks, and just another sign some fans are happy with mediocrity as long as it's "better than before"

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Dodd was a terrible pick

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Nobody is content with the record. I used it as an indication of progress. But it seems that you are knocking a GM because of Mularkey's shortcomings as a coach and inability to win.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar