With the 33rd Pick of the 2016 Draft: Clemson DE Kevin Dodd

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You wanna bash a guy for suggesting we should have taken a player who performed very well as a rookie but the only 'dis you can make is that he's currently injured? But at the same token, he can't criticize one of our players who has done nothing on the field and been injured basically a year?

Not much logic to it.

But nice try on deflecting this into something else!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Your statement reflects the irony of the situation. Fry hates injury prone guys, no matter the talent, and vouged for two guys early in the first who will miss most, if not an entire year worth of play by the end of their second season.

Decker had a good year, but let's not kid ourselves, he was not going against the best pass rushers in the league by any means. NFC North isn't exactly the AFC West . Orakpo was arguably the best pass rusher that he sparred against, and he took a beating. Dodd outperformed him in that game.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

My statement reflects the irony of YOUR statements. If you want to hold others accountable...hold yourself equally accountable or you're just here to criticize others...which is not what this forum is for. You can bash others somewhere else.

AGAIN...to prove your statements wrong...

Decker was a very consistent and durable player coming out of college. He was a 3 year starter and played all 41 games during his career...which was 2300 SNAPS and won the Iron Bukeye award 3 years in a row!!! You might wanna know what you're talking about before you write stuff.

So it's not like Decker was an injury prone guy or a one year wonder like Dodd was. So you can't criticize him for suggesting we take a very solid and durable player and bash him because the guy happens to get hurt in the NFL. That is not irony.

Decker wasn't going against good pass rushers better than Orakpo? I guess the 5 who he faced that had MORE sacks than Orakpo are worse?

So again, put your rep where your words are. Is Dodd gonna be a stud or not in your opinion?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

More sacks... Like Erik Walden? Or Nick Perry... How did that pass rush look when he was matched up against Dennis Kelly? And Orakpo is better than Danielle Hunter at this stage in their careers, come on. Who are these other epic pass rushers, because our line went against most of the same guys and destroyed them.

• Boring Boring x 1
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I guess the best pass rushers are the guys with fewer sacks?

And again, you can't answer the question. What do you think of Dodd?

Wait, is he a better pass rusher than anyone else Decker faced? He had 1 sack! Maybe you think the best pass rushers are the guys with the FEWEST SACKS!!!?

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

abc2330 really likes Dodd's sack.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The guys that I mentioned literally doubled their previous season highs in sacks in 2016. Orakpo is an established pass rusher, so I definitely put them above the likes of Walden, Perry, and Hunter.

My opinion is that Dodd looks like a garbage edge rusher. I just defend him because I find it hilarious how outraged people are and act like it was a top 10 pick that was wasted.
    Wow, name calling and now juvenile sex jokes? I expected more out of a 70 year old.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I didn't call any names. Just pointed out how much you enjoy Dodd's singular sack.

• LOL LOL x 2
  9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

It was a nice sack. Not the sack this fanbase deserved, but the sack that the team needed.

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

So with more sacks last year, were they better or worse than Orakpo?

We aren't talking career, we are talking about their play last season when they faced Decker.

And no one called you a name though you have thrown insults at many posters on here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar