With the 22nd pick, the Titans select CB Caleb Farley

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I like Farley, but I agree on Samuel Jr, I just hope we can land Elijah Moore in 2...Farley and Moore would be great first 2 picks

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

The fact that we didn’t re-sign them shouldn’t be part of the evaluation of the pick.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

For 1st round picks? Yes it should

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

But if Elijah Moore isn’t there, are you leaning Rondale Moore or Tutu Atwell? Someone else?

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I think I like Marshall over Moore due to his injury history..but I've read it's not that big of deal...Atwell is too slight of frame for my liking

6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Not sure that’s a complete analysis. For someone like Warmack, it is absolutely a part of the evaluation. Sometimes you don’t sign a guy back because he wasn’t what you thought versus not willing to overpay. It plays into pick analysis, but is more an indictment of the evaluation of the team building skills of a GM versus simply talent acquisition.

7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

If you take the emotion out of it being a “1st round pick” and must look at it from the business level you might change your mind, you get younger and cheaper and get a comp pick. Rosters turn over. What I you need this year you might not in 4 years and so you have to cut something.

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I like Dyami Brown in the second round if Moore is gone and quite frankly I believe he will be gone by 53. A run on OL or defense could help us out though. I certainly wouldn’t have believed Fulton would have been around last year either.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think we are crossing two topics. One is pure talent evaluation/acquisition and the other is team building. They are not exactly the same thing.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

JRob didn’t draft Warmack ( I know you didn’t say he did) and we were a really bad team then as well. Warmack was a stupid pick. 2013 was a horrible draft for this team, horrible.

Of course if you are constantly drafting busts and releasing them based on bad play. But that isn’t the case with JRob, with the exception of Wilson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar