With the 22nd pick, the Titans select CB Caleb Farley

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

It is a huge risk, but it is one worth taking. It's a a shot at top 10 talent in the 20s. Work out or no, I won't blame jrob for this.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

You know football is not like other sports, injury can happen to any player at any time other than qb.
    I would not want an injury prone qb, but even a player that has never had one injury is not guaranteed that he won't get hurt in training camp and be out for the year.
    Injuries are a fact of life in the nfl.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I was pretty sure this is where we'd go with our 1st round pick. I think at #22 he was just too good to pass up.

I know it's part of JRob and Vrabel's jobs to talk up the pick, but after hearing JRob talk about how much detail they went into when evaluating him and how much work the team doctors did on him, I feel even better about this pick.

I also loved how excited Farley was. He seemed genuinely excited to be a Titan and mentioned how much he enjoyed talking to the Titans during the pre-draft process.

4. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

All I got out of that video is that this doctor thinks he knows better than the doctors that worked on him...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I'm not a fan of the "Boom or Bust" pattern the Titans have been taking with their 1st round picks. This is becoming the norm rather than the exception, and it rarely pays off.

That being said, I hope this is one of the good ones. His film is certainly impressive.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I agree with this. JRob played it too careful during his first year and he's learned from that. Case in point, last night's pick of Farley.

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

The best corner in the draft! I am thrilled. He starts day one the titans filled major need and got a top 10 talent at 22! Nice

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

JRob as GM

Farley
    Wilson
    Simmons
    Evans
    Davis
    Jackson
    Conklin

Pre JRob

Mariota
    Lewan
    Warmack
    Wright
    Lock
    Morgan

The 1st round hasn't been great in either case, hits on other rounds have helped though

Simmons has been good so far, Lewan too

but have not re-signed alot of 1st round picks

#68 Ontario Titan, Apr 30, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Carp

Carp Starter

I will blame JRob if he doesn't work out. There's a time to take a chance on a guy like this, but I don't think that time was now. I don't hate the pick because of the upside, but it's super risky. I personally don't think the drop off from Farley to guys like Newsome, Samuel, or Robinson was all that significant.

I know no one wanted an OT in the 1st, but I don't think many people saw Darrisaw falling to our pick. Almost every mock I saw had him in the top 17. He is a very athletic and a mauler in the run game.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Watching his highlights. That dude has amazing technique and instincts.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar