With the 19th pick...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by J Falk, Apr 14, 2019.

?
  1. Chris Lindstrom

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Garrett Bradbury

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Montez Sweat

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Brian Burns

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. Clelin Ferrell

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. Dexter Lawrence

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Christian Wilkins

16 vote(s)
    29.6%
  8. Jeffrey Simmons

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  9. Paris Campbell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Marquis Brown

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  11. DK Metcalf

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  12. Noah Fant

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. TJ Hockenson

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  14. Other - please elaborate in comments

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Definitely gonna be in the thought process. BUT...two things. Most bad teams do NOT want to trade next year's first rounder and how much do we want say NE's first rounder next season which could be pick 30-32. The thing is, I could see NE making a big move in round 1 for someone they want. They are not keeping all those picks and with comp picks being tradeable, I expect NE to make a move for someone. If Hockenson makes it out of the top 10 or Fant is available at our pick...we could get an offer. But what do you want from a team like that?

Here's an option...drop down from 19 to 24 with the Raiders in exchange for moving up in round 2 (pick 51 to 35). If we wanted, it would only take like a 6th to move up a few spots to pick 32 if we wanted to get the last pick in round 1...almost for free. So if the value isn't there or we don't like what we're seeing, we could definitely move down and get 2 of the top 2nd round graded players at the positions we want.

Another option is down all the way down to NE in round 1 for their 2nd (although last in round 2) and a pack of gum (late round pick) OR take their first round pick in 2020 (and hope they don't make the playoffs somehow!).

Moving up we could get to about 15th if we gave up our 3rd rounder and maybe 14th if we gave up our 3rd and 4th round picks. Possible we could do that if someone big feel out of the top 10...but I don't think we do that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

So most of these mock drafts have about 6-7 offensive players going before us. But there are ostensibly 4 QBs, 5 OTs, 5 WRs, 2 OGs and 2 TEs that could go top 20. I could see a scenario where one or more of these "top 10" defenders fall either to 19 or close enough for a move up.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes...that is the hope. But you still might need to go up and grab someone if they get to 14 or 15 depending on how many players we like because other teams could jump up for someone.

Could you specify the offensive players you’re referring to? I don’t see this many on my board.

4. Gridiron Gun

Gridiron Gun Starter

I can't stand Miss State, but you're right. Sweat is the clear choice if he were to somehow drop to us. He won't of course, but in this poll he should be the winner.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

How this guy is winning is beyond me...

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

That's pretty impressive for a big man

I would tear something!

The fondling is a little disturbing though lol

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

That's the kind of fondling we thought we were going to get with Sean Smith.

...and it never quite worked out.

8. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

What's even worse... I'm a Buckeye fan, and he's still the dude I would like picked by the Titans at 19... (notice I avoided the phrase 'Want' ... lmao)

• LOL LOL x 3
  9. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Sweat / Wilkins either be thrilled

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The problem with TE is that it's not nearly as important as pass rush. After QB, you could make a strong argument that pass rush is the 2nd most important position in football. TE would be way down the list, so pass rush even if it's the 6th pass rusher on the board would be more of a valuable of a pick than the 1st TE (in this draft).

Think back to the Superbowls the Giants won. They had 4 stud pass rushers and they won with defense. We need people to get in Andrew Luck's face and put him on the ground. That's the key to winning the division.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar