Breaking News With the 18th pick of the 2022 NFL Draft, the Titans select WR Treylon Burks, Arkansas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MR.Cobra

MR.Cobra Starter

So we just expect Tannehill to be the guy next year with all new WRs that he has no chemistry with

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Burks looks pretty damn good to me. Would not shock me at all if he performs just as well as brown over the next several seasons.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont think they are in love with any of these QBs or they wouldnt risk missing out on them. Plus, if you wanted a QB should have taken one in the first so you get the 5th year option.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont have a problem with the player, I think he can be good too. I just dont like the idea of trading a proven player to draft someone at the same position. OBviously there are money factors and all of that, but its still risky when they should still be a playoff team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Look at it this way...

It isn't aj for burks and a third.

Its aj for burks, third, and the ability to keep Simmons.

No brainer.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Titans23

Titans23 Starter

I get it but I'm saying coming out they are very similar players and young WRs are coming in more pro ready than ever. So let's give the kid a chance he may be as good or even better. AJ is a top 10 WR not a top 5 IMO. Also if we save 100 mil over the next 4 yrs that gives us the ability sign big Jeff which is more important to this team than AJ.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I think Simmons is more important than AJ too, but I also dont know that it is an either or situation. They could have found a way to keep both if they really wanted to. This might end up being fine by all means, I just think it is a gamble for a team that should be competitive again next year.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

get those season tickets now...

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Paying AJ the deal he just signed would have been dumb as hell. He's often hurt, has never finished a season. Has never gone over 1,100 yards in a season.

And now he's the 4th highest paid wr in football.

Not a smart way to run a team.

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar