With the 17th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, The Tennessee Titans select...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Perrish Cox impressed this week as well he could climb into the first with a good combine/pro day.

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'm so on the same page with you Deuce. Graham better be on our radar or I'm really going to be pissed. I watched all of the Senior Bowl coverage on NFL Network last week and the guy was unblockable during practices and during the game itself. He really reminds me of Dwight Freeny because he has some excellent pass rushing techniques. They were saying that he is very good against the run as well, which he showed on several occasions during the game. They say that he has short arms which is why he's viewed as a late first round, I say the hell with that. I don't care if he has shorter arms, he has a non stop motor and is one hell of a pass rusher plus he has the great career at Michigan to back it up.

Honestly though, we need to look to trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder at some point. But if the Titans don't receive any decent offers to trade out of 17 then we had damn well better nab Graham.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It boosted his stock, but most the best college players don't play in the Senior Bowl due to leaving their Junior year.

Hopefully he lasts til our pick- but then again, we'll do something odd like draft a strong safety and make everyone scratch their heads.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

He's short for an NFL DE which is a BIG knock in general. He's also a little light and people don't think he's gonna have anything but avg DE speed. So will his body hurt him in the NFL to the point where he won't be a double digit sack guy because 6'8 OT's have much longer arms and can lock him out and he doesn't have the burner speed to get around the edge?

If you youtube his game against Iowa who's LT is projected a 1st or early 2nd rnd pick...Graham mauls him and beat him multiple times. That's a good sign. In addition he seems to be a real leader and he plays faster than his expected athleticism. He's also got violent hand usage and usually has good balance and redirect. At worst he'll be a solid DE who won't have the big sack #'s...but he could be the complete package. It's the only reason he could slide to the mid-late portion of rnd 1.

Gut

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

He's a CB and a punt returner. I don't think he's ever returned kickoffs.

Gut

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Unless Graham is the first DE picked and or 2 QB's don't go before us, Graham should be not only available at 17...but perhaps fairly late in rnd 1. I could see the Colts taking either the best DE/DT/CB or LB to fall to them and with Freeney rash of injuries, this draft is perfect for them to get the best DE prospect they can to tutor under Freeney for a year or 2.

Unless there is a player we like significantly better than a host of other players, we should try to trade down to recoup a 2nd rnd pick as well as try to move LenDale White for a 3rd and perhaps Scaife as well.

This draft is LOADED with talent...especially defensively (though not much in terms of premier CB's) and at interior OL. Iupati is a BEAST! Reminds me of Hutchinson!!!

We need as many of these guys as we can grab.

No way Kyle Wilson goes in the top 10 unless he has a phenomenal combine and Haden somehow falls off. I think there will be a lot of debate as to whom the 2nd best CB is depending on what team you are, waht scheme you run and what you like in your CB's. The BIGGEST knock on Wilson which may prevent the Titans from taking him is that he's not a big run support CB and that is something the Titans typically really look for in their CB's. But it's arguable Perrish Cox, Patrick Robinson or Wilson could be either the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th CB so any of them could go mid-late 1 or fall into the mid-2nd.

Gut

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

This is exactly why I think the Colts would take Graham if he was available at their pick. Perfect time for them to get as close to a Freeney clone in round one as they can.

I think Robinson and Cox both have a good chance to fall to the 2nd or even third. Robinson got injured again in the Senior Bowl, so I only see him going high if a team just wants to ignore the injury history.

The other thing I'm sure the Titans will consider if they cannot get a straight up pick for LW, is to pair him with the 3rd round pick to move up into the 2nd round, but I hope they find a way to just add a pick there instead. Another 3rd even would be fine, as you say.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

robinson looked pretty reluctant to tackle in the senior bowl too.

9. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I hope the Colts don't get Graham. That would be bad for us, having to deal with him and Mathis after Freeney is gone. I want them to have bad ends for a little while when Freeney leaves. :ha:

I would think we could get a second rounder for LW. And if we did have to throw in a pick, hopefully it would be something lower like a 5th or something. LW and a mid-3rd for a 2nd doesn't seem too favorable to me so hopefully we'll make out better than that.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Graham has some attributes that I really like. He has a great first couple of steps coming off the ball. His 40 times isn't relevant but his 10 and 20 splits are the key. he also uses leverage very well and he knows how to use his hands to shed blockers. He is effective taking the wide path as well as crashing down inside. It seems like he doesn't stay blocked very long.
    He also seems to have nice instincts and a nose for the ball.

He isn't exactly the same player as Terrel Suggs but he has some of the same attributes. Suggs had fantastic college stats but didn't run a great 40. It turned out Suggs is a great football player with good technique and instincts.

Graham IMO has what it takes to be a very good DE in a 4-3. I'm not sure he has the ability to play in space as an OLB but his quickness off the ball which allows him nice leverage against bigger blockers, his use of his hands to keep the blocker off of him making him able to shed blocks quickly allows him to be effective even with his 6'1 frame. He also gives 100% on every play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar