With the 109th pick, the Titans select WR Dez Fitzpatrick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Fans are often unrealistic and have expectations beyond common sense.
    We have the best RB in the game, a 2nd round pick, one of the best QBs we used a 4th round pick on. One of the best Ss we used a 3rd round pick on (Hooker was a 4th round pick), one of the best WRs we used a 2nd, one of the best cover LBs, 5th round..... but hey, JRob sucks in the draft....

The other idiot button people hit is the expectation rookies should come in an dominate from day one. Nice when they do but also rare. Never mind Penei Sewell has Lion fans concerned about him... he has struggled. But Radunz is supposed to step in and make us forget about Conklin on day one?

And yes, some are just going to be duds or real slow to translate. It isn't so much Fitzpatrick simply sucks (now everyone is saying he was barely draftable) but he was a rookie competing with one of the best and deepest WR groups in the NFL. He was cut because there were simply too many guys better. Even Kinsey got cut and IMO that kid is similar to Humphries. Thus I don't excuse Fitzpatrick for not having it together more but guys like Johnson and Rogers played great. Batson freaked out in the last pre-season game to earn his spot. McMath being picked in the same draft didn't do Fitz any favors either.

Thing is Fitz was signed to the PS and quite possibly could make a jump going into next year and actually earn a roster spot. We shall see.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I agree. But the other thing about Billechick is, dude cannot draft. Great coach. Good at turning troubled players careers around. Did draft Brady. But that man has a miserable draft track record. Sony Michel and NKeal Harry in the first just as a couple of examples.

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

JRob has made some great picks and some misses like all GMs..Radunz was supposed to make us forget Wilson though not Conklin

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Who’s Wilson?

• LOL LOL x 2
  5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I already forgot about him.

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

So because he doesn’t start day 1 means he can’t do that? Nate Davis looked bad his rookie year too and he’s one of the best guards in the league now. Be patient guys lol

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So your expectations were that a North Dakota State guy who played only one game last year should come in and start at RT? You do realize that few rookies can do that and those who get pushed into doing that typically suck their first year. So take a few minutes and look at the OL guys drafted in the 1st and 2nd round this year and show me the guys who have been playing at an all-pro level in camp. Get back to us when you have actually done some research.

Oh, the fact the kid is actually trying and has a good attitude makes me forget about Wilson. Wilson was a POS who basically took the money and quit. It happens.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Man you come across as a douche sometimes. .like no one else is allowed an opinion...the almighty Soxcat has spoken

I was talking in general fans terms when we missed on Wilson and then we take a RT in round 2... "a North Dakota State guy who played only one game last year should come in and start at RT?" maybe should not have been taken in 2? He's been called a reach by a few people that have down the research as you put it... probably reached because of the whiff on Wilson

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

yeah but it can and should be avoided. Covid may have had a lot to do with the lack of in person interviews and subtle clues that an interviewer can pick up on. So I'm not as bent as the big blunder he had with Dodd. And JRob should make whoever gave Wilson and Dodd a rec aware that their word is now worth dirt. At the very least.

10. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

5 starters basically. In one draft!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar