With the 109th pick, the Titans select WR Dez Fitzpatrick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

He moves well for a WR his size. Has potential. He's ideal for a WR4

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If he can't eventually be more than a WR 4 it isn't much to get excited about. Next year assuming they don't re-sign Reynold he should be able to work into the #3 spot and maybe a #2 from there if he develops (after Julio leaves). He could easily need to be in the top 3 this year if we have an injury to one of the top 3.

3. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Reynolds is a 1 year auto pilot until we get 1 or more of these rookies up to speed -- if both do not pan out I could see us taking a slot WR by Rd. 3

Couple players need locked in next offseason, and even if Reynolds blows up big, we won't have the luxury.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I guess that was my point. Doubtful Reynolds is back. IMO Fitz just need to show some growth and potential and he should stick around. I don't see them signing a big contract slot guy either. If they draft a guy he is now a rookie as well.

The "slot" spot isn't going to be the same as it was before IMO. With Julio and Reynolds you might see Brown moving there in 3 WR alignments to get the better matchup (Brown played there a bunch in college). McMath and Fitz could also be best outside early on when they do play. Batson is a guy who might find a spot in the slot.

It seems obvious that JRob wanted fast, physical guys at WR over jitter bug guys we had in the past.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I would hold on to making any projections for Batson though... per Vrabel Kinsey, Rogers, and Batson are the ones competing for PR, and that will be the only reason either of the three make the roster.

And I personally would rather see them do a complete change in the punt/kick return field -- as we have been booty in that department, and Batson has been involved in that experiment along with Khalif Raymond now no longer on the team

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Looks like Rogers might have the best shot. Still a little early to call the winner yet. Marcus Johnson might end back on the PS and they can always move him up if we have an injury and they don't trust Dez or Racey.

7. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Didn’t like it then and stand by that statement

8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Looks like Dez could be in danger of being cut. Another great pick by JRob.

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

He’ll be on the practice squad.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Please stop with the anti JRob stuff. He hits on 7 of 8 but let’s talk about the one pick he MIGHT, appears to have have missed on?

It doesnt matter that the team on the field is elite and going to challenge for a SB. Let’s worry about some insignificant 4th round pick that wasn’t getting many touches anyway at the deepest position on the team.

JRob is a very good GM and any other opinion is just flat wrong with no, NONE, zero evidence to support it other than foolishness. ( ok, now I feel better )

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar