With the 109th pick, the Titans select WR Dez Fitzpatrick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

The more I look at him, he looks better and better. His speed and separation is what scares me. With CD84 he was capable of taking it to the house on any given play, but I don't see that ability with Fitz.

But what I do see is someone who can move the chains and could be a really good possession WR. A lot of his catches were floated balls. With Tanny he won't need the separation, so that's good.

Add some weight to him and he might be a decent WR for us. It's not like CD84 made it to where we have massive shoes to fill.

Saw Brandon Marshall comparisons on here and that's totally false. Marshall was so good. I'd say Amani Toomer and that's it.

2. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

CD84 could take it to the house on any play? How many of those did he do that on? CD was good for us. But to say he could go to the house on any play is not accurate. Well, he might be able to but didn’t very often.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I said he was capable of taking it to house. Capable meaning he has the tools to be better than he was. Just because he didn't take a 70 yard screen to the house, doesn't mean he wasn't capable of doing it. CD84 has mad talent, but for some reason he never showed it.

4. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

You don’t know that any of these things are true. #1 we will never know. #2 is probably true, but no way to know how many teams actually thought this at the time. One thing we know, the Titans didn’t. #3 This is impossible to know. Just not nearly enough info to know this.

5. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

At some point his not showing it raises serious questions about the talent to do it no? If not, the claim is not falsifiable...so rather meaningless.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

That’s my point. I would rather have a guy with more heart. CD balled in a contract year. He is a candidate to fall off a cliff this season. He got paid. I dont know what kind of player Dez Fitzpatrick is going to be, but replacing CD isnt going to be the impossibility some think it to be.

7. Carp

Carp Starter

The limited footage I've seen of him remind me a bit of Tyler Boyd. Similar sized players with similar skills. Hopefully he's turns out to be as good or better.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

CD only takes it to the house if the house is out of bounds. Seriously, if CD84 didn’t run out of bounds he’d fall to the grass and give himself up almost immediately.
    Meanwhile AJ drags three guys into the end zone with him.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

Toomer was really good, we can only hope hes half that good, he reminds me of another Louisville wr and former titan, Harry Douglas.

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Harry Douglas? God I hope not

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar