Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 1, 2021.
Des Fitzpatrick is a cheaper version of Corey Davis
That site acknowledged that he ran a 4.4 and gave him a 4.5. LOL.
Guess im watching the senior bowl closely next time, to get a head start on who our draft class for 2022 will be!
This was a complete outlier of a year. Unless the politicians and the lil troll Fauci keep up the bull****, football will be normal this fall and next spring too.
Just making a joke/observation that most of our picks seemed to have big games in the senior bowl.
I wasn't particularly impressed with his highlights. Granted, he seems like a solid possession WR. Caught a lot of balls over the middle in traffic. High points the ball well. But he doesn't seem like a guy that is going to beat you over the top very often, which, imo, is what we really needed.
Rather have had Tylan Wallace, Marquez Stevenson, or Shi Smith. Those guys' speed definitely showed up on tape. I guess maybe we were looking for someone more similar to Corey Davis than a true burner.
Had a chance to watch some more film on him. Like many I was asking who is that when we traded up for him. Still not a fan of the trade up but that said his senior bowl performance had him climbing up a bunch of draft boards and he may not of made it to us late in the 4th. I watched every one on one snap from the senior bowl and he won at least 80% of them and caught every catchable ball but maybe 1.
- Hand catcher who snatches the ball out of the air
- Comes back to the ball on his routes
- Has some decent speed to pull away from safeties but not elite speed to run go routes all day in the NFL
- Has no problem going over the middle on crosses and drag routes - I think this is key for our play action game
- Production really dropped off after Lamar Jackson left....might be an issue of crappy QBs hindering his production the last 2 seasons
- Seems tough and doesn't shy from contact for a WR
- Plays outside and slot
- Decent blocker downfield on run plays
Not claiming he's the next Antonio Brown but after watching some film there are definitely some things that translate the NFL game and I think he will fit in as the #3 for us this year. Most likely he becomes Tajae Sharpe for us but hopefully more.
I was underwhelmed by the cut ups of his senior bowl that I watched...he danced around way to much at the line of scrimmage when trying to get a clean release...in the nfl you can’t take 3-4 different jab steps before finally making your move...he looked slow to me coming out of his breaks...seemed dbs closed on the ball more than separation that Fitz created....had opportunity to make several difficult catches and didn’t come up with any of them....I think your Tajae comp is pretty good and that is what bums me out...if I’m giving up 2 draft picks then I’m wanting someone better than Tajae
The 3rd round is where JRob should have traded up, not the 4th. Dyami Brown, Hunter Long and Tommy Tremble (the one I wanted) all dropped past pick #80, when we were picking at 85. JRob sat on his hands and they all went before our pick.
This was a terrible pick because:
1. He would have still been there, we did not need to move up.
2. There were better players at that position still on the board.
3. JRob valued Senior Bowl interaction over the player's tape.