With pick #2 of the 2015 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 30, 2015.

?

Happy with the Titans drafting Mariota?

Poll closed May 7, 2015.
  1. Yes.

57.9%
  2. No.

17.2%
  3. Undecided but hoping for the best.

24.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

"***tonne of other wrong things"

[​IMG]

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Wrong.

Mariota played well in 2016 and I was completely on board outside of his fumbling issues.

Then he fixed his fumbling issues but forgot how to throw.

So... if he plays well, I'll be all in.

3. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

I'm not denying he looked like dog doo for the majority of the 17 season but when he started to say F Robiskie and Mularkey and called the plays he looked like the 2016 QB we expected. But as a whole the entire offense from the O Line - RBs - WRs were all bad. I'm just happy those clown arse coaches from last season are gone. I can't wait to see the new offense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I was excited going into the 17 season. Really expected, based on what we saw in 16, for the offense to make a leap forward.

When I saw that scheme unfold, it just enraged me. Complete malpractice.

But Jrob did the smart thing and flushed those coaches. I am excited to see what we can do this year. Davis started to show flashes toward the end. I believe smith and Taylor can be useful pieces in a dynamic offense. Henry and Lewis will be a killer 1-2 punch at RB.

I fully expect to see a dramatic increase in offensive production this year. Have to be patient though. It won’t get ironed out overnight. I could easily see some early season hiccups. Really sucks that conk will likely miss time too.

We wasted an entire season of growth and development. Hopefully we can get it back on track though.

5. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Mariota talks new head coach, new offense, new contract ahead of fourth NFL season

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Looking back i'll be the first to admit i was wrong. I wanted to keep Mett at the time and draft Leonard Williams. That would've been a terrible mistake and thank goodness it didn't happen. GM Webster picked Mariota and the rest is history......

Mariota Accomplishments In First Three Seasons 2015-2017

Mariota led the NFL with four 4th quarter comebacks and five game winning drives the most of any NFL QB in 2017.

In his three year career he has eight 4th quarter comebacks and nine game winning drives.

He also has led the Titans to a better record every year in each of his first three seasons.

Led the Titans to the biggest come from behind deficit ever in a playoff road game leading Tennessee from 18 points down 21-3 to a come from behind win 22-21.

During a wild card playoff game at Kansas City, Mariota became the first QB in NFL playoff history to catch his own pass for a touchdown after it was batted back to him by a defender.

First player to have both a receiving and passing touchdown in a playoff game.

Led a 95-yard TD drive at Patriots. That's the longest scoring drive against Patriots in the postseason since Panthers had a 95-yard TD drive in Super Bowl XXXVIII.

Marcus Mariota is 1 of 5 QBs in NFL history with 9,000-plus pass yards (9,476) and 900-plus rush yards (913) in first three seasons.

Led Titans to a 7-1 record in games decided by 3 points or less last two seasons. The .875 winning % in games decided by 3 or fewer points during that stretch is tied with Steelers for the best in the league.

As of 2016 Thanksgiving Day, Mariota is the first QB in modern NFL history with six four-TD performances in his first 22 career games. No other QB had more to start a career.

Had 16 games with at least two touchdown passes in his first two NFL seasons (tied with Peyton Manning and Russell Wilson)

Has 47TD and 0INT in red zone in his career so far......

Has 9 games with 100 passer rating/multiple TD’s only Dan Marino,Russell Wilson and Kurt Warner had more in their first 2 seasons at QB.

Was ranked in the top ten for passer rating, passing TD, passing TD %, Yds/Pass Attempts, Yds/Pass Completed for 2016 season

Led Titans to 35 points in one half against Green Bay the most scored in one half in 2016 and to 47 total points the most scored against Green Bay in over two decades.

Named AFC Offensive Player of the Month for November 2016 after passing for 1,124 yards with 11 touchdowns and just two interceptions.

Also was AFC Player of the Week for Week Ten For 2016 Season

Led the Titans to number one ranking in red zone for 2016 season

Became the first NFL player since Walter Payton in the 1983 season to pass for a touchdown, rush for a touchdown and catch a touchdown pass of at least 40 yards. At the N.Y. Jets caught a 41-yard passing touchdown in the wildcat formation. Mariota became the first quarterback in franchise history to catch a touchdown reception.

Four games with three or more touchdowns tied Peyton Manning (1998) as the most ever by a rookie QB.

First player NFL history with 250+ pass yds, 100+ rush yds & 3 TD passes in a game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, he went 20-of-29, throwing for 268 yards with three touchdowns. He also ran for 112 yards on the day, including an 87-yard run for a touchdown one of the longest in NFL history for a QB.

Mariota's 87 yard run for TD against Jax in Week 13 was the longest run by any player for the 2015 season.

Was ranked in the top ten for Yards/Pass Attempts, Yards/Pass Completed for 2015 season

Awarded AFC Player of the Week honors for Week One and Week Nine For 2015 Season

Mariota holds an NFL record for touchdown passes in his first three games with eight.

First quarterback in NFL history to record 6 total touchdown passes within the first two games of his career

Became the first rookie quarterback in NFL history to have two games with four touchdowns and no interceptions in his first fourth-quarter/overtime comeback in a 34–28 overtime win over the New Orleans Saints, a game in which Mariota threw for a career-high 371 yards and four touchdowns.

Mariota's very first game gained a perfect passer rating of 158.3, making him the first quarterback in NFL history to attain a perfect passer rating in his first regular season game. Mariota became the first quarterback in NFL history to throw four touchdown passes in the first half of his NFL debut. He is also the youngest quarterback to reach the perfect passer rating in his first game as well.

#866 mike75, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    • Cheers Cheers x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Mariotas been good and seems like the real deal for NFL QBs, but I also wanted Williams and still think that pick would have been solid.

This list of accomplishments though is just very anecdotal. Very specific, “not really” records.
    This is a big year for him though. If he repeats last year, a lot of people will turn their doubt meter up (more than those that already have).

I like what’s he’s done though. I think he breaks 3500, 25 total TD and runs for another 400 or so. Hope my numbers are low.

8. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

The biggest thing is, with the coaches we had last year, he had no chance of coming close to those numbers.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Mike Mularkey - unemployed
    Terry Robiskie - back to WR coach
    Dick Leau- retired

Tells you all we need to know

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mularkey will bounce back, probably just needs time to miss the game and he'll land on his feet.

Robiskie back to being a position coach is most telling. And leBuea is 900 years old, he should have been retired ages ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar