With pick #2 of the 2015 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 30, 2015.

?

Happy with the Titans drafting Mariota?

Poll closed May 7, 2015.
  1. Yes.

57.9%
  2. No.

17.2%
  3. Undecided but hoping for the best.

24.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

Interesting facts & information on QB, system, & WR issues...... I think coaching is one of the main flaws the team had last year. Mularkey was a good guy. He changed the culture of the team & we needed that badly. However, his system never fit Marcus or the WRs on the team. I don't know much about Vrabel as HC.... I think it's gonna take a while to figure him out. I do feel good about the hires he made at OC & DC though.... They may be more important to the overall performance of the team than Vrabel himself.

Quarterback Tiers and Rankings Based Exclusively on the 2017 Season

I like Marcus & think he is the best QB we have had in years. We would be absolutely stupid to let him walk.... If we do; there will be teams lining up everywhere to pay this guy. He had a down year for sure. However the system/situation he was in was horrific...... I think our new OC will take more advantage of the players... Not so dead set on forcing the players to fit the old school system we tried to bring back from the dead......

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Looking into some of the franchise stats, Mariota should end up one of the top guys.

In career passing yards, he’s already #5. (Moon, McNair, Blanda, pastorini)
    #6 is f’n VY.

Single season bests, warren moon top 6 except Matt f’n Hasselbeck.
    Mariota has #7, McNair #8/9 then moon again.

No wonder this team never has 1K WR. As a franchise, we never have a QB.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Occy

Occy Starter

I love how people read everything into solo stats in a team game.

If your going to judge a player on solo stats you can’t ignore everything else on the team when judging them.

With the QB. What were their offensive lines like, how were their rb’s like. Could their WR’s catch.

We currently have a great qb. If we get the other pieces right, he will be better, if we don’t he will be worse.

Stats make great conversation pieces, but never give you the full story.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Just take a hard look at his play/heart in that KC game...Enough said! All while dealing with Mike Mukarkey, Robiskie, and crap receiving....

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol you told me the exact same thing about Jake Locker and I told you that you were wrong.

And if Mariota doesn't get better- you've learned nothing and will be wrong again.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You realize we'd be extremely happy if he ridded our doubt, right?...

Nah, of course you don't.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

But jake Locker did finish out his contract so what you saying?

• High Five x 1
    • LOL x 1
    • Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner x 1
  8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

No doubt, you could see in his eyes he had had enough. That fire and determination is going to be exciting when funneled through a quality offensive plan.

9. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

I know regardless of how well he does you will always be over critical of his performance because you were never happy we drafted him. He could take us to the SB and I doubt you would be happy. Yeah, we're going in circles about him, those who support vs those who want a new QB. Lets just discuss when the real season starts and contract conversation gets real. I doubt we let him walk...

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Locker retired.

And you said we'd regret not drafting Jerry Hughes and a **** tonne of other wrong things so don't act all high and mighty when your MO is predicting players will be bad which is the safest prediction anyone can make.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar