With Koppen gone...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ToddTheTitan, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

Looks like it's Amano or bust.

What are the chances that he actually improves this year?

He wasn't a disaster the first year taking over for Mawae. How much of his struggles are because of the lockout and how much of it is because he's just not very good?

Maybe he can improve with a full offseason to prepare physically and mentally.

What say you?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think his struggles are from a neck injury he suffered at the end of 2010. He wasn't that bad in 2010, but my god he was terrible last year.

I don't see a scenario in which we go in to camp without someone to compete with him. We've brought in five centers, we clearly want to go in another direction.

3. M3gatitan

M3gatitan Camp Fodder

He better be a gym rat this off season, if hes gona start for us i don't want to see him thrown around like every DT's 8!tch, if his still getting @$$ handed to him, then i calling in a hit, problem solved lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

Well I still don't think it is time to crown the man as our starter we are reportedly interested in Jason Brown it is a given we will add a rookie and I think Velasco and Matthews will be given a fair shot.

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

You've seen the video where the colts DT pushes him into the backfield, and then INTO CJ?

And the Colts DT's historically suck.

Amano's gotta go.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I don't want to take Konz at 20. But what I wouldn't be against is trading back to 29 or 30 and taking him there, if we can pick up an extra 2nd and/or 3rd.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Gotta say no to Konz at any point in the first, IMO. Alex Mack is the only center or OL I've ever advocated drafting in the first. As bad as Amano is, I don't feel the team is that desperate. Harris' natural position is at center. Then there's Velasco. Even if Amano is still on the team, I'm okay as long as he plays guard or rides the pine.

What I really wonder is why we've been unable to sign anyone.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's really not that unlikely that the Titans would draft a center in rounds 2-4 and he would win the starting job. Lots of awesome centers get drafted in the middle rounds.

I don't really know why everyone around here seems to think that the only options are sign a free agent, draft a C in round 1 or go forward with Amano.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Agreed

Amano knows he is close to not being a Titan, especially with his salary. Like I said in an earlier thread, we could probably find a better replacement in any round of the draft.

The front office has addressed it, it just didn't turn out in our favor. Just be thankful that they have aggressively acknowledged the problem, and I doubt we do not find our replacement in the draft.

The ONLY time we should start to worry, is if Amano is our only guy at the end of preseason.

10. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

What about the pouncey brothers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar