With Added Talent on Defense, Bulluck Should Be More Effective

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: LB Keith Bulluck heard the talk last year he was trying to do too much to compensate for the lack of experience around him. With the addition of LB David Thornton and S Chris Hope, Bulluck feels he can be more trusting and take care of his own game. "Sometimes I was trying to overcompensate for some things that were wrong in the defense that would take away from my true assignments," Bulluck said. "The defense was never stable at one point last year. We had people in and out, and I’m just a competitor, and I’m just trying to do everything I can to help this team win." With the upgrade in the talent around him, Bulluck should be able to elevate his own game. "I’ve already made my mind up that I was going to [stay at home more], because I did hear whispers that maybe I tried to do too much, and this, that and the other," Bulluck said. "But I’d rather try and do too much than do too little. Now, there’s 11 men on defense, and all 11 men have to be accountable for themselves."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar