Wish other teams saw this in him

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You don't have to be a super genius co-ordinator to be a good head coach.

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

nowadays, you just need to look like you know something.....

3. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

But most are...:grrhee:

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Ya know come to think of it is it really Schwartzies fault that our defensive players just plain suck?

Well.. some of them.

Laboy Starks Odem Thompson Rey(last year.. year before he was excellent)
    No true middle linebacker ,

idk... Maybe he wouldnt have the 32nd ranked D if he was on a different team

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

this will be his 7th season as d coordinator, you would think by now we would have his type of players on defense. he has to have some type of input on who we draft or bring in as far as free agents go.

at this point, do any of us actually know what he wants to do on defense? a lot of articles say he prefers aggressive man to man defense, but we cant play that with the DBs we have. well when we had williams, shulters, dyson and rolle we still sat back in zone.

in the prior six seasons he has not shown me anything on a consistent basis to say he is the guy for the job.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Seriously?

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I'm really surprised why some writers continue to assert that Schwartzie would be a great head coach. I'm glad they're saying this and hope some GM takes action and tries to sign him.. yet i remain puzzled on what these writers see in him that we don't. You can't help but wonder if chief is slipping them a few hundred bucks under the table for them to print this.

We nearly made the playoffs last year despite being rated dead last in defense... so i do think its safe to say that he was the reason we didn't and remains the team's weakest link...
    which reminds me.. i haven't updated the WIKIpedia page in a while. Time to do that..

8. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

He's very well organized, which would suit being a HC. He has statistics on everything. What he lacks is a good feel for the game, at the playcalling level. His coordinators could take care of that. He might be a decent HC, IMO.

As a DC, I think he's average at best. Sometimes he has a great gameplan. In fact, our first halfs in many games are quite good. And then we get killed when the opposing offense adjusts and JS doesn't.

As for players. We've drafted 2 1st round CBs, a 1st round DT, 2 second round DEs, a 1st round LB, a 2nd round safety (Tank...Thompson was also a second rounder, but we got him off waivers). We've given him plenty of players. For whatever reason, they haven't worked out. Bad drafting? Bad coaching? You decide.

By comparison, the offense has gotten one 1st round QB, 1 2nd round TE, 1 2nd round OT in that same time.

Did I miss anyone? I didn't feel like looking up our drafts, so I am going by memory.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

a second round runningback(white) and a third round runningback(brown)

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO Stats Jim is a disaster waiting to happen as a head coach. What personality will his team have? Is he a great motivator? Does he have a feel for the game? Do players respect him and are they willing to do what it takes for him? The guy might look or sound the part of a head coach but I'm not sure he has what it takes to be much of one. Maybe in just the right situation he might be decent but I doubt it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar