Winning fixes everthing, NOT!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I really am happy with the overall direction of the team, VY is on track and the O in general is coming along if a little inconsistant at times. But look on the other side of the ball and in spite of some bright spots like being now on the good side of the turnover battle +1 for the first time in years and a few other bright spots like C. Hope, KVB, Bullock and yes even Pthug you will find us now at the bottom of the NFL in overall D and next to last in rushing D about the only D catagory that we are not 25th or lower is passing but why pass when no names can gash you. Schwartzie is still the problem, his bend but don't break style is the problem he has to go.:grrr:

2. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

You party pooper! :))

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Sorry Michi but Big TT is right on this one. I have actually been suprised by the OLines play. But I hope that we dont get complacent and not address the need for OLinemen HIGH in the draft (I really want Calvin Johnson tho). I seems like we are seriously a few key pieces from a playoff contender. But I cant determine what pieces they are.

A go to WR who helps our QB develope?

A OLine that makes it much eaiser for VY and Lendale to develope and build confidence?

A Bad Arse D Line that brings back that "You Cant Run On The Titans" Mentallity?

A Bad Arse Mike that compliments the Bad Arse D?

Or just quality character guys that seriously improve the environment in the locker room?

Or do we just need to eliminate some of the coaching staff? (Name starts with Sch and ends in wartz)

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Minnesota leads the league in rush defense and got their arse's handed to them. You want impressive stats or wins?

5. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Maybe that's why the Patriots were throwing passes the whole game?

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

They played the Redskins with an injured Clinton Portis (only 10 carries for 40 yards), they played the Seahawks without Sean Alexander and they played Detroit. Those games skew the stats a bit.

The only good game was holding the Bears to 54 yards.

7. Draft Defensive players in the draft, if we can do it by buying free agents, then go ahead and then draft CJ, but have you seen the free agents available at the end of the season, they're not exactly superstars...

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we need a mlb, period. i watched the game again today and robaire smith and kvb made more downfield tackles than sirmon.

the problem with our run defense isnt people in the wrong gaps, it's yards after contact. we never bring anyone down on first contact. we just are not a good tackling defense.

9. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

And where does the bad tackling start? I think someones not getting in our guys' faces and telling them they need to man up and pop someone in the grill. A good example of this is the Playoff game against the Ravens in '03. The highlights include robaire smith checking Anthony Wright into the ground and Jamal Lewis getting hammered by anyone and everyone. I just don't understand how we could go from smash mouth to powder puff mentality. It seems Hope is the only physical tackler out there. I mean, you guys wanna blame Schwartz, but he was the DC for that game. I think its time for a LB and secondary coaching change. Although, isn't our DB coach a former dirty, hard hitting player?

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I don't think Chuck Cecil would appreciate being called "dirty"

Who am I kidding I bet would love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar