Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Gear' started by NYTitansFan, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

By pointing out the weak points in Vista/Windows, Mac points out its strengths.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yes, and I expect anyone who uses a computer for more than 15 minutes to know how it works, just like I expect anyone who drives a car for more than 15 minutes to know how it works.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Not really. Pretty much every weak point in Windows has a negative flipside for the Mac.

Example:
    Mac touts better security because they suffer less attacks. Flipside is that the Mac suffers less attacks because they comprise a tiny share of the worldmarket, therefore very few are programming for them, including hackers.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

thats ridiculous

the fact is that the UNIX base is harder to hack

regardless of the quorum of users, it's either being attacked or its not
    I've put myself in harms way for years ... ever since the first versions of OSX were released ....... and I cannot confirm that I have EVER contracted a virus

consider also that alot of advertising / technical production facilities use Apple Macintosh environments. you can't tell me someone hasn't attempted to hack into some of these studios to get pre-released clips of the next big movie, etc....

there's plenty of hackers trying ... they're just not cracking in

5. You are overly optimistic. Believe me, I see it every day...

6. Wrong. There are millions of Macs and virtually no viruses or spyware in the wild. The Mac is more secure primarily because OS X is more secure, not because it's not a target...

7. I got a Mac virus in 1995 (long before OS X), which was easily cleaned. I haven't had one since. And this despite not having any sort of anti-virus or anti-spyware software since the turn of the century...

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

If that's the case, then Mac shouldn't tout security, because it IS being attacked, just to a much lesser extent.

Umm, yeah and 99% of all game are developed on Windows machines, I wonder why nobody's hacked any them to get pre-release versions......

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Really? How would you know if you have nothing that can detect it....

And for the record I can state that I haven't had a virus or other malware for about 10 years. I do have an anti-malware program (required by my work if I'm allowed to work from home), but I've never seen it do anything and the regular scans show nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar