Williams Not Thinking About Contract Issues

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: S Tank Williams will be an unrestricted free agent next season which means an uncertain future with the Titans. “You can’t worry about it," said Williams. "I know my contract is going to be up next year. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t know that, but other than that, I really can’t worry about it,” Williams said. “I just have to go out there and perform on the field every Sunday and hopefully these guys will want me back, because I’d love to come back." Williams started the season and has played in every game despite suffering a torn ACL last November. "It’s definitely getting better every week. It feels a whole lot better now than it felt early in the season,” Williams said. “I can see a whole lot of difference in my movement from week 1 to week 13. It’s definitely improving, and I feel comfortable going into these last four games and definitely having an off-season to work on it.”

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

he oughtta be worrying about it.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Funny, Williams can see a whole lot of difference in his movement from week 1 but too bad the fans haven't seen it.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Getting tired of him moving backwards as he absorbs tackles instead of delivering them

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I could see Tank back in a Titans uniform next yr. because do you really think that he has shown any team enough to give him any sort of big contract. I don't think so. A GM would be nuts to give him any sort of major SB or base salary above the minimum. And as a backup SS I think he would be fine. He plyaed very well on STs his rookie yr as I remember also.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Great. Along with Woolfolk, our 1st round bust at CB we can add a 2nd round bust at safety and have a solid special teams group. If anyone offers Tank anything much above the league minimum I say let him go. Certainly someone will take a shot at him considering he has been a starter from day one.

7. I'm tired of him being consistently unwilling/unable to wrap up. He always seems to put his shoulder into guys, but never actually tackle them with his arms.

8. Yiiippppeeee, so much wisdom, Dream Job on ESPN is just waiting for this type of expertise... :barf:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar