Will YOUNG start next week?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Sep 24, 2006.

?
  1. Yes

20.0%
  2. No

76.7%
  3. Don't know, Don't Care

3.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

im afraid he wont be able to read the defense because it's something he hasnt seen in extended time.

after the cowboys we dont play a 3-4 defense for the rest of the year, play him then.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Agreed.

For that exact reason.

3. The home crowd will be brutal, but I'd still start Collins rather than throw Young in against Dallas' D. But then I still expect Vince to get some playing time.

4. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

No way Fisher should start Young, even though he should. Here's how I see it:
    Why not? Better for him to see one now than when we actually have a chance of going somewhere.
    If by get them out of the way, you mean lose. So again, why?
    Might as well throw him in, nothing bad can come out of it. Vince Young is not the person to lose his confidence, see his Freshman and Sophomore years where he showed flashes of brilliance and then brought it all together as a Junior.

5. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Yes but only untill the Texans....

6. Fry

like i said, he hasnt seen a pro 3-4 in extended time. veteran qbs have trouble trying to read them because of the unpredictabilty of the 4th and 5th rushers. not to mention we have never run the ball well against 3-4 teams. making us one dimensional against a top ten defense as agressive as dallas is a recipe for disaster.

we all know how gregg williams likes to treat young qbs.

i've said since day one to make him the starter against houston after the bye week and i'm sticking to that.

7. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I'm sorry, I though by "3-4" you meant "3 to 4". As in "these 3 to 4 teams". I can understand your point on that but I still think it is important for him to see different defenses such as the 3-4. Better now then when it counts.

8. Yeah, well the thing is we need him to not be babied. He needs to play now rather than later since we have no QB now to replace Collins after his failed 3 starts. I want to win and we have the best chance with Young. Collins is only like 7-24 in his starts since joining Oakland I believe. So why put a proven loser in at QB and not the future of the franchise??? If you are concerned with VY getting hurt....GET THAT OUT OF YOUR MINDS. Why?? Because he could get hurt at anytime and benching him could even make him more prone to injury since he isn't in "Game" shape, so to speak.

9. Fry

i dont think he is being babied. rookie qbs sit the first part of the season all the time. it's about him knowing and grasping the concept of the offense. vince has even said he doesnt want be out there just running around not knowing what he's doing.

who is to say we win more games with vince out there than collins? he's young and will make the same mistakes collins has been making. this season is already lost. let him get that extra week of preperation with the starting WRs

im not worried about him getting hurt. i just dont know if he's ready to be the full time starter against the best defenses in the league.

10. Well lets see here......if Vince is drafted by any other team that needed a starting QB and didn't have crap as an option in front of him....he starts.

Secondly....if he makes the same mistakes as Collins then that shows right there just how bad Collins is. VY is much smarter than Collins on the field.

Third the worst D could be just as complicated as the best D for him if he wasn't smart, but I have more faith in him than some people do. Sounds to me like you are an advocate for people that think we should have taken Leinhart in the draft.

A Rookie is a Rookie and a Vet is a Vet.....but if the Vet sucks then give the Rookie a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar