Will the Titans draft Mariota if given the chance?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fishman35, Nov 12, 2014.

?
  1. Definitely

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  2. Depends on Mett's performance the rest of the year

18 vote(s)
    29.5%
  3. No, we have bigger needs in the eyes of the FO

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  4. No way

24 vote(s)
    39.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishman35

Fishman35 Starter

I know there have been post within threads concerning the duck, but no polls. Given the current situation, do you think we draft this QB?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It doesn't matter who the Titans draft. He's going to suck. Draft Mariota? Watch Winston play like an MVP and Mariota turns out to be a product of a gimmicky system. Draft Winston? Mariota is an All-Pro by his third year and Winston goes to prison.

Titans doing Titans stuff.

• High Five High Five x 6
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I hope not.. I'm so sick of "mobile" QBs.. the majority do not last and are inconsistent.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He's said to be a more polished version of Kaepernick, which sounds pretty good to me.

I would take him. Even if he doesn't pan out long term, he'll give us some excitement for once.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Kaep doesn't have great QBing skills, he's a versatile athlete tho, but how longs that good for? If Kape was in his 6th year, Id be cool with another mobile QB, but thats just not a brand of QB that stands the test of time. Mcnair had what a 3 year stretch where he was good, but never great... Same for McNab and Vick. These types can be good for only a little while, they never develop those needed QB skills to last in the NFL.

I want our next QB to be a QB first, if he's a good athlete ok great, but I want a talented passer at QB, not some flashy runner.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Most of Mariota's big plays come with his legs and I don't think he throws the ball that well. That is the opposite of what a Whisenhunt QB looks like. I would be VERY surprised if they drafted him.

To me, if you look at this QB class the one QB that fits the "Whisenhunt mold" is Connor Cook from Michigan State. Tall, big arm, accurate. I really like him. Go watch the highlight reel on YouTube if you haven't watched him play. His release is so effortless and the ball just jumps off of his hand.

My favorite QB in this class is Winston, character issues be danged. I think he could be a better version of Cam. Remember, Cam had character issues in college too, was even kicked off the Florida team for stealing a computer, but that has been a great pick for Carolina.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

McNabb shouldn't be lumped in that category. after a few seasons, he developed into a pretty good pocket passer and lead his team to several NFC Championships and even a Superbowl.
    He lasted 11 years in Philly and 2 more seasons after that.

I don't have any beef with Mobile/Athletic QBs. They just need to be in the mold of someone like Russell Wilson or Steve Young. Be smart with the ball, be smart when you run with it (slide/get out of bounds).

But to answer the question in the thread, No.

If we go QB, I'm sure Whiz and co. will want someone like Connor Cook.

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Not a chance, thank goodness.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I think the duck is a perfect nickname for mariota.

Remember when the mighty ducks tries to be team USA and sucked ass.

Same will happen to Mariota unless he go to philly where he can stay a "duck"

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

In the worst way possible, that makes perfect sense.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar