Will the Texans draft Reggie Bush #1?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I'll be interested in the split.

Simple question. Is the #1 pick in the draft - Houston Texans - Reggie Bush? They can take him #1, trade down and pick him or someone else, or stay put and draft someon else.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if Kubiak is smart and cares anything about the future of his team, he'll want to draft D"Brickashaw

Reggie Bush won't look much different than Domanick Davis behind that line

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Right now, I am going to lean to "no". It depends on the workouts, but I still get the feeling that Houston will bow to the pressure to take the hometown boy and take Young.

4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Nah, they have to draft Bush. There is too much demand for him. I admit that he'll look horrible just like D Davis (who is a quality back) with that Texans line. Trust me if they pick him up with the first and put him on the block, they could get some quality linemen and another pick if they play it right.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

seems to me that they could just forgo theatrics and work out a trade prior to the pick. ....... there's plenty of time for them to work out a trade now

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Davis is a good back but another way to look at it is if DAvis, a 4th round pick can run for 3195 yards in three years and catch almost 1300 yards of passes imagine what Bush could do. Also the Texans can bolster their OL in the other rounds of the draft and should be able to get a some darn good OL with the first picks of those rounds.

The only issue is with already signing Davis to an extended contract, and retaining Carr, with the pick of Bush they will have a ton of money tied up in 3 guys, two of which play the same position. Maybe the trade they look to is Davis.

7. Ragevsuall

Ragevsuall Guest

Come on Sox, you usually have more sense than that. Its just not sound reasoning.... we all know draft position doesn't dictate production in the NFL. The Texans found a gem in the 4th, and that in no way is correlated to Bush or anything he might do in this league. Bush could end up being a superstar, another Marshall/Barry, but he could also end up being Blair Thomas, Garrison Hearst, or KiJana Carter (those 5 being the only top 3 RB's drafted in the last ~15 years, not including last year).

8. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

They will swap with the Jets. Jets take Bush, Saints get Leinart (who I agree will be used as a pawn in an effort to move the Saints to LA by 2008) and they get Brick or Young...whichever one we pass on. This will depend on these four guys staying at the top of the draft after the combine and individual workouts (i.e. the Texans have absolutely no interest in Leinart at #4).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar