Will The Jets Lay Down?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

I have been reading through a lot of other boards, and found this discussion quite interesting.

The New England game will all be over by the time the Jets-Dolphins game gets underway later in the day, and the Jets will know what their game means.

Provided the Pats defeat Buffalo (which I think will happen) and the Ratbirds TCB against the Jags (which I hate to say I think will also happen), the Cheaters will be depending upon the Dolphins losing to the Jets.

If you were Mangini, and you know that the Patriots get into the playoffs with a Jets win, would you lay an egg against the Fish just to keep them out?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Wow.

What a scenario.If it was up to me as HC I'd make it happen.

I really think the Jets are up against it anyway verses the Dolphins.The Dolphins have all the momentum & the Jets have been awful since they beat us.

With the Jets also facing Pennington this game has all kinds of sub plots surrounding it.Go Phins.

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

The Dolphins are one of the Jets biggest rivals so I can't see them lying down (most longtime Jets fans will say the Dolphins/Jets is a bigger rivalry than the one they have with the Pats). Of course of late, with the Pats success and the whole Spygate thing it's taken a backseat. Isn't the Jags/Ravens game also a late game (so the Jets will still have a shot regardless).

I do think the Fish are playing better as a team at this point, and if forced to pick a winner I'd pick Miami.

I like the Bills' Dick Jauron, I'm hoping that he'll have his team fired up to knock division rival New England out of the playoffs. Bruschi is out for the Patsies and it looks like Dick Seymour won't play either. Hopefully Lynch is a go for the Bills.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think that they can. Mangini is under some job pressure, and it's a division game. They certainly might lose, but they can't/won't lay down.

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Marshawn is out.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, even though the jets might finish with 10 wins there have been some grumblings about mangini.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

My friend at work said all year that the Dolphins will play TN in the playoffs and beat them. im not laughing at him anymore.

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Pretty much the only way the Fish and the ******* meet is if the fins make it to the AFC Championship (and that's not happening). So you can keep laughing at him.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Anything can happen. That Wildcat can do some damage.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No way you lay down in your last game. Mangini's job is not rock solid now and a win matters for him. If you don't make the playoffs you still go down fighting.

They might play some more young guys but no way you even lay down ever!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar