Will Shields not in the hall of fame?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

12 pro bowls in 14 seasons. Wtf more can a guy do? He missed one game his whole career over 200 straight starts. That's what you want out of any player, a guy who shows up and plays at a very high level every game, every season.

The Chiefs were one of the better running teams in the league in part because of him.

Tim Brown also deserves to be there.

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

should i play the race card here? If Munch and Bruce are in, Will should def be there too..

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

In the 14 years Shields started for the Chiefs from 93-06 the chiefs had a top 10 running game 9 times and a top 5 ranked running game 7 times.

Dumb of the chiefs to draft a guard that year.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Larry Allen went in right away and Walter Jones is part of this new class.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Travesty!

I'll get the online petition started and send it to the White House.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think it is a position thing where a run blocking guard is disrespected in this league by superficial analysts who think it is all about left tackles.

The writers have to know that Shields was probably the best pulling guard since larry Little but that is not respected like it should be. The casual fan apparently is as enlightened as the writers who follow the sport and write about it for a living.

Some black offensive linemen in the hall of fame off the top of my head.. FYI

Larry Allen OG/OT
    Art Shell OT
    Gene Upshaw OG
    Larry Little OG
    Dwight Stevenson C(Rolltide!)
    Bob Brown OT
    Jakie Slater OT

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Lol. They drafted him in the third round. That's the intelligent thing to do.

Drafting a guard at ten is stupid. Will Shields and Larry Allen are great examples of why.

8. 615nick

615nick Starter

This guy def deserves to be in the hall, my family is from kc so the chiefs are my second favorite team and this guy was one of if not the most dominant guard during his time in the league. He has to get in at some point

9. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

I agree with you he deserves it; not sure why he was passed over

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

LOL WHAT?!

And RT high 5s it?!

haha oh my god

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar