Will Peterson Hits the Open Market

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

So another fallen cornerback has hit the open market. Will Peterson, a top young corner a couple years ago was cut by the Giants due to an injured year and a slow recovery year. Another KVB or a bum with a backache?

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

NFL: After demonstrating tremendous promise in part-time duty as a rookie, Peterson played well as a starter the following three seasons…Teams with Will Allen to give the Giants a reliable tandem at corner…Rebounded from a stress fracture in his vertebra in 2003 to enjoy his finest season as a pro last year.

click picture

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i've always been a fan of his(i keep up with the giants as my NFC team) but if the giants were willing to cut him lose, even with their need for DBs, i'd stay away from him.

4. Dangermode

I don't know how needy they are? They did sign Sam Madison, R.W. McQuarters and Jason Bell so they have some depth at the position.

5. Fry

if they had faith in peterson, would they have signed all of those guys before his release?

6. Dangermode

No way, but they're obviously in "Win Now" mode so they aren't exactly looking to take a chance on anyone right now. I think it's safe to say the Titans are in a slightly different position.

7. wg53

wg53 Starter

Those signings were not about their "faith" in Peterson, but rather their need for DBs and being concerned about his slow progress in coming back from his injury.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Don't....do....it.

9. Fry

i would prefer them bring in peterson compared to law. but i wont jump for joy if either of them are signed.

10. Fry

will peterson

has been deemed unhealthy to play in the '06 season because of a reocurring back problem.

"Basically, they told him it would be better if the bone was broken all the way," said agent Ron Slavin. "So one of the things suggested was that he do some hard running, hoping to break the bone. Instead, with all the running he did, the area around the bone got stronger. Ironically, it didn't make his lower back any stronger, at least in terms that would allow him to play. So now he's got to build up the back before he can return to the league, and we just don't know how long that will take."

Surgery is out of the question, Slavin acknowledged, because it definitely would finish Peterson's once promising career. And so the best guess, even as personnel directors from around the league phone Slavin to inquire about the condition of his suddenly free-agent client, is that Peterson will spend a year trying to rehabilitate his back, and then hopefully return to the NFL in 2007.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2476538

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar