Will Houston Rest Starters Next Week Against Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

If we can beat Houston and squeak into the playoffs and knock them out we can celebrate on their home field like the Bad News Bears! It. Will. Be. Awesome!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Wade Phillips is back as D coordinator after spending a couple weeks on medical leave.They are also saying Andre Johnson could most likely be back as well also at WR.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I doubt it. Most teams don't want to play a divisional rival for the third time.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Our 2008 defense was better than the Texans this year, if they want to hang their hat on how great their defense is, well they're going to be disappointed.

Maybe they will let us in the playoffs by laying down, thinking they can beat us the following week, thats cool for me.

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Same here.I'd love to see it.When they let us in we will come back the next week and make them realize what a terrible mistake they made.In fact they are pretty much one and done.Oh and next season the Locker era begins and we will be the team to beat in our division.In fact the next few years i think Titans/Texans will become a very hot rivalry.Texans better enjoy the one year title because next year the Titans will win the South and it will become an every year thing.I think Indy's big run is over and a thing of the past.Of course who cares about Jacksonville,lol.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If I'm Houston I take no chances of getting anyone else injured. They certainly have had their share already. They have a number of key players on both sides of the ball and I'd expect to see those guys play little if at all.

Also, why wouldn't they feel good about playing us again in the playoffs? If we win it just makes it that much harder for us to beat them twice so of all the teams they would like to see matching up to them in the first playoff game we might be the ones they would want.

I'd be really surprised if they are dumb enough to put Johnson out there at all against us since he is a hammy waiting to happen. Makes way more sense to at minimum, even if they play some of the other guys, to sit for an extra week.

If they play their starters we should still have a decent game and a possibility of beating them. If they play the backups and still beat us that would be humiliating. So I'm guessing they just sit some guys, do the best they can and if they humiliate us they can feel good for doing that much. Munch better have a good game plan together because they can still run the ball even with their backups.

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Texans coach Gary Kubiak says receiver Andre Johnson, who has missed the last three games with a hamstring injury, was impressive on the practice field on Wednesday and should make an appearance on the field Sunday against the Titans.

“He looked pretty good. He got better as practice went on,” Kubiak said. “If today is any indication, we’re well on our way to him getting reps on Sunday.”

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Johnson might make an appearance but I doubt it. It is just too risky to put him in a game that means nothing. He can pull a hammy on a non contact play anytime. I guess we will see. Best case scenario is they put him in, he pulls his hammy again and they don't have him for the re-match in the playoffs.

9. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Texans would be stupid enough to just lie down and let us win.

Which is fine with me........maybe Hasselbeck will do another playoffs versus Saints transformation.

10. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Well... The Texans aint the Saints. The Titans are probably better than the Texans overall now.

The Titans are favored in the next game and more than likely will in the playoff game.

We are fixing to find out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar