Will Houston Rest Starters Next Week Against Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

^ Yep, let's actually take care of our business this time and finish strong. If we win and don't get in, oh well, it was out of our control. I just don't want 06 to happen again, where we needed a million things to happen the final week, and a million things did happen, only we lost.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That game decides our fate. Houston can flick us out of mattering week-18. You think they'll lay down for that game just to help US? I'd play the the starters if I was the coach in Houston. That team hasn't scored many points since their bye week and Schaub's injury. They might want TJ Yates to get into a rhyme going into the post season or risk being one and done.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is why you don't listen to Texan fans LOL. Carolina put 28 points up against them 2 weeks ago.

4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Kubiak has gone scared. He has no WR's and he doesnt trust Yates. NFL team have film on the boy now.

Kubiak knows he has 1 home playoff game. There is NO reason to get anyone else hurt. They just cant afford it.

I am not saying they wont play hard. They will. But there wont be anything special thrown at the Titans. Tate will get more carries than Foster. I also doubt AJ plays, but even if he does the AJ of old is probably gone never to return. He is starting to breakdown.

If the Titans play inspired and play hard they should win this game going away.

21-10 is my prediction.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Really? Why because we gave them so much trouble the first time?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2 straight wins over the texans would be nice, really nice and whatever happens after that it will be a great season nobody can argue different.

The bottom line though is that we are a vulnerable team with our nonexistent running game and our mediocre at best defense.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Thats what I was thinking too, why wouldn't they lay down for us after the thumping they laid on us? You really think they would rather play the Jets especially when they are in the playoffs they are a completely different team, or the Bengals who beat us and are a decent team. They think they are better than us so why wouldn't they want an easy first round playoff? (Not saying we would be an easy, just going by their delusional mindset)

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm sure the Texans would rather face our defense than the Bengals defense. Especially now that Dunlap is healthy again.

We are 24th in yards per rushing attempt. we give up 4.4 ypa. Isn't that exactly what kind of team the Texans would want to play? Especially with a rookie QB?

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

No. We're playing for EVERYTHING. They are playing for NOTHING. That's a very fortunate place to be for them.

We're going to be featuring our ENTIRE gameplan for beating Houston on Week 17 JUST to get to week 18. We'll be playing our hardest and leaving everything on the field. They could choose to show us nothing.

They have the luxary of holding back their gameplan, seeing how we come out in week 17 and if we win they are 2 weeks prepared for the game that actually matters.

If the titans were in the houston texans position I would want us to rest our starters and come out with a very basic gameplan just to see how the Texans game planned for us the first week. Because we'd be that much more prepared for them in the playoffs.

I'm sure they would rather play a team they are familiar with especially if they've already seen our gameplan than a team that they have no idea how they will play them.

Yates will play, but Foster/AJ/most of their defense will probably sit IMO.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

What a bunch of idiots. That defense is solid, but when you say garbage like that you lose all credibility.

They're not even the best defense this year... To even put them close to the 1985 defense is absolutely absurd. The 1985 Bears defense and the 2000 Ravens defense were the type of defenses that could've had me at QB and they still would've won. If the Texans win the Super Bowl, they may have the 3rd best defense of all time, but let's face it, they aren't winning the Super Bowl this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar