Will Houston Rest Starters Next Week Against Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Saw this at PFT.....

Texans: Locked into the AFC No. 3 seed. Week 17 is meaningless to Houston, and the Texans may rest many of their key players.

Or will they? knowing they might have to face us a second straight week might put fear into Kubiak and his staff and they could be tempted to play starters for at least a half or maybe more.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

this game is all about the Titans, just like the ponie game.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I think they'll rest their starters and come out with a VERY basic game plan just for the pure fact that we do face them the next week. They won't want to reveal too much and there probably going to treat this game much like a "scout team" game to see what we are featuring.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I think they'll be playing to win, they don't want to end up facing us in the playoffs first round by giving us a game.

5. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

from what i have heard on the local news here in Houston, the Texans are planning on playing their starters for at least part of the game.

6. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Lets see.... Texans fans are saying...

Texans backups can beat the Titans. Sit everyone.

They are comparing Texan defense to 1985 Bears. They say the Texans Defense is 1st D since 85 Bears to hold teams to under 20 points in 6 straight games. Well, they isnt true... The Titans did it in 2008. I am sure it has happened before and maybe since.

They still think they are a Super Bowl team.

All I want is a 2 game win streak. Anything after that and I will be happy. It will demoralize this fans and franchise for years to come if the Titans win the next 2 games and end the Texans season. For the former Oilers to do that would be just devastating. I actually think Kubiak could be fired if that happened.

The NFL would probably like that match up as well. It would be the true start of a rivalry regardless of who wins.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. jdog

jdog I like beer!

It will be an interesting game ..

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I had the feeling all along that Houston would play their starters at least for a quarter or two so they aren't out of action for too long.That being said i think we need to bring our A game so we don't get shut out by the Texans D.Our offense must step it up this week no question.CJ can't get by with those two yard carries so i think we will be passing the ball quite a lot.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

They have not played well the past few weeks...they cannot afford to take time off. I think they come out figuring we can't run on them and will play like its a playoff prep game.

Don't really care if Kubiak suits up...if we don't play our best we will not beat them there. It will be playoff atmosphere and we better bring it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I wonder if we see Delhomme at any point? As average as Yates has been lately, there's no way they want either Delhomme or Garcia to play in the postseason.

Either way this team needs to show up in a big way. This team had the opportunity to make the playoffs in 2006 and had to win in week 17 against the Pats and laid an egg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar