Will history repeat with LenDale

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by User Name, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User Name

User Name Hot Dog Water

Watching the USC vs Texas Rose Bowl game I was really shocked to see White take over the way that he did. If not for Vince, LenDale would have stole the show. I was surprised to see LenDale carry the ball as powerfull as he did. He was running like he was possessed. I didn't see that in him at all last year. Hopefully the Vince vibe will turn on a light ( they have been hanging out). He sounded real hype to start this year after he saw how we finished up. LenDale quote -> "My plan next year is to come in and compete for the starting job,'' White said. "It's nothing against Travis Henry at all, but I plan on playing and playing a lot next year, that's what I want to do.'' Let's hope he keeps that same attitude now that Henry is gone. I'm routing for him.

2. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Brown also didn't have Reggie Bush on his team

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I hope we see him step up, work hard, and show up next season. I think it's ok to have him as our starter heading into the season, as long as we have a decent vet behind him.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This is the reason though we didn't re-sign Henry. Because the Titans and fans believe White can be a great player.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

The days of the franchise back are nearly over. It has become a fish wrapper position. Give me some nasty, ugly offensive linemen and let's just plug in backs every 3 or 4 years, cutting them loose after they finish their rookie contracts.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

How do you like or Front Office now. Just a bunch of guys looking to save money.

7. i think that lendale is going to be a great back in the league, and hes going to show us a lot this season when he gets more touches on the ball, i think part of the reason he didnt do to well this year was because he was probably pouting by not having the same type of role that he did at USC which means at least getting 50% of the carries a game

8. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Here's a crazy thought (perhaps downright wacko)...If we can all agree that we have improved at FB with Hall, and if we can all agree that any team is much more productive on the ground with a strong run block FB (i.e.- see running stats for the Chargers with Lorenzo Neal), than why would it be so out of the realm of possibility to consider Eddie George as a veteran back to work in tandem with LenDale.
    I cannot quote the stats, but it seems to me that Eddie's decline only came once we allowed Neal to get away. It is only now that the league, players and coaches have come to realize just how much of a difference Neal makes when he is on the field. Is it not also fair to consider that maybe Eddie hadn't lost as much step as we all believed? Is it also fair to say that though he is older that perhaps the intangeables he could bring to this young team would make him worth our while to bring into training camp? He has been healthy for a long time, and as far as I know he has not officially retired. In truth, after all of the Pacman craziness and the complete dismantling we went through with the salary cap this franchise could make a lot of worse moves than to try to bring back a sentimental favorite like EG. In fact, he has the kind of personality that could add to what Vince has brought to our team and could electrify this locker room.
    Yeah, I know, I'm off my rocker, but remember that he was a part of every Titans team (since the move) that did anything in the playoffs.

9. User Name

User Name Hot Dog Water

IMO that is taking a huge step backwards. We already have our francise back in LenDale. Let's let him take over. That's almost as bad as bringing McNair back. We most move on.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Durability a huge concern..

This guy had several injury issues during camp and the season. He missed 3 games outright with injuries and barely played in 4 games.

Sept-ankle

Oct-stomach

Nov & dec-hip

His workload was never overwhelming he never even had one game in double digits for carries. What sensible reason is there for us to think lendale can carry the load for a whole season? There is none.

We need more help at RB than just letting lendale take over. His worse than brown durability was never a big issue on these boards because we always had henry and brown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar