Will history repeat itself? (McNair vs Locker)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans23, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He hasn't been the whole time. I think that's his downfall. He's like Lebron.

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I don't think anyone has said any different have they? Some, me included, are simply saying that we (titans fans) have seen this play out before. Is jake exactly the same, of course not. But we see similar ways in which both number 9 and Jake are being handled. I will wait for my verdict. I want to see the organization actually put the game into his hands to win or lose. And I don't mean whether or not he makes one throw or doesn't make one throw. It is a passers league now, I am not saying he has to be pantyboy or brady but for goodness sake lets see what he can do without the shackles on and finally see if the best he can be is a game manager (and let me make myself clear, he isn't even that yet) or can he actually put a team on his back and LEAD it to victories that perhaps the team overall doesn't deserve. That is what elite QB's do.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I would love for us to come out passing a lot... nothing fancy. Short completions are fine. Just get Locker into a rhythm and make the defense guess.

The same issue happened last year. We always run the ball and it's always the same result. Mix it up and do something the entire opposing team doesn't see coming.

Remember what happened in that Colts game when Locker came out passing every play? 6/6 and a TD.

And then again, with the 99 yard drive... he was like 5/6 for a TD. Just let the kid throw it more.

We're too afraid to make mistakes that it ends up costing us games by being too conservative. You play to win the game. If Locker makes mistakes in the process, so be it. He needs to experience them to become better anyways.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Locker's been coming along nicely. For what its worth, he hasn't cost us either of the past 2 games against 2 of the top defenses. I consider that admirable against the confusing Steelers D and a divisional game against one of the top teams in the AFC at their stadium. Sometimes all you need is a game manager and Locker alone was not the reason we lost last week to the Texans. Penalties and field position played a huge role too.

Please don't have the VY syndrome. Give Locker time. The offense will continue to improve as he does. I'd rather have a dominate performance against the Texans with lots of room to grow than to have peaked and think that the next game just my be a toss up.

If the team continues to get better they'll probably beat the Texans by 7+. They'll stop the zone scheme and limit Andre (Play Pollard overtop) and we'll get to Schaub and force 3 and outs.

I think our defense is going to be fun to watch. They're forcing turnovers against good QB's and getting to the QB consistently when needed. McCourty's mixup can be fixed. It's more technique than talent. Hopkins is a scrub. Verner had a pretty solid game besides the missed tackle. It looked like he went for the strip instead of the sure tackle. Mental error.

Locker can develop into a franchise QB. He'll just need time. He's not used running enough to lose much of his speed and bounce. If he protects himself and is durable he'll improve in our system and give us some flexible playcalling.

5. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Oh, its a gang up on DW thread?

I'm in!

Eh, actually DW's been a pretty good poster lately so I'll forgive him for not worshipping at the altar of St. Steve...this time.

On the subject, good QB, great QB...semantics. Doesn't make a difference to me, I loved the guy. For me, what made Steve great was from '99 on, whenever we were in position to make a come from behind win with just a few minutes left in the game, I had full confidence that he would get it done. He was clutch in the 2-minute offense (don't remind me of that pick-6 against the ratbirds, I've blocked that entire game from my mind) and there's nothing in football more dramatic than a last-second win.

Rose-tinted glasses? Sure, to some extent. But we all have that perception of certain things we enjoy or care about. As of now, those are still the best days in Titan history. People can argue all they want about numbers and credentials, at the end of the day, my memories are what matter to me.

6. Deuce Wayne

See- I don't mind that.

I don't mind if people thought Steve was a great leader, warrior, their favorite player, etc.

That's fine. I'm just saying- if you weren't a Titans fan, would you ever think he was great? Probably not.

Like most NFL fans... ask them how great Steve McNair was. You'll here "yeah. He was pretty good." That's about the extent of it.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

ran over front 7 like they were DBs and he could hit Mason and Wycheck in his sleep

HoF nomination warrented but no need too place a preorder on that bust

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

It's the exact same story with Eddie who was my favorite player. When you think about it, CJ is probably the best player the Titans have had in a veeeeery long time. It's a shame so many dislike him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

Wow you must be a pretty young kid and never watched him play and your argument of him being overrated is pathetic. He was a great player man sorry to bust your bubble but respectable people around the league and inside the Titans organization now would totally disagree with you. I do know people inside the Titans organization who call McNair a "great" quarterback.. But I guess you think you probably know more than them huh? Lol

10. Deuce Wayne

Most definitely.

CJ is the best RB this franchise has ever had. Probably including Earl. (*ducks*)

Eddie while a lot of people's favorites and a few really good years- overall, nothing special.

We just like the WAY he ran more than his results.

Wycheck is probably the best player this team has had overall in a long time. Save CJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar