Will history repeat itself? (McNair vs Locker)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans23, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

According to the football focus grades Locker is one of our best players on the offense. Our skill position players who have basically sucked and 3 players on the offensive line had negative scores. Mooney and Stevens are just blockers. Britt has been worthless and CJ has been mediocre at best and a total non factor in the passing game.

Perhaps we can judge Locker better when he gets more support.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The only opinion that Dunce will agree with is the one where Locker is a total bust. I put him in the same category as those infantile posters who want us to lose for draft picks.

This is a thread about Jake Locker not Steve Mcxnair. Mcnair was just used for comparative purposes but the Tennessee hating and southern USA hating Douche bag wanted to bash Mcnair and Locker.

Most normal people think Mcnair was a good player.

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I agree with that for the most part but I don't think Locker is our best player on offense. our wr core needs to get better period but that is also based on our passing game

4. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

I am being honest with myself in saying I think he was a great player.. You just want to look at stats to judge a player which is dumb. I trust my opinion and value the opinion of those I mentioned before who are held in pretty high regard

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Here the football focus ratings after the 2 games.​
    Collin Mooney: 6.2
    Michael Roos: 4.4
    Nate Washington: 1.8
    Jake Locker: 1.3
    Kendall Wright: 0.9​
    Chance Warmack: -0.6​
    Taylor Thompson: 0.2​
    Craig Stevens: -0.4​
    Andy Levitre: -1.1
    Jackie Battle: -1.1
    Delanie Walker: -1.6
    Chris Johnson: -2.9
    David Stewart: -3.1
    Kenny Britt: -3.3
    Rob Turner: -5.3
    Offensive line as a group graded a minus 1.008 on average. An indication of the opposition.​

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

This feels like a situation where the numbers aren't telling the whole story. While Britt has admittedly been dropping a lot of catchable balls, the other receivers are doing a decent job of getting open and have made some great plays on questionable decisions/throws by Jake.

The O-line issue concerns me though. For the moves we made they should be doing a much better job. I really hope these next few games against sub par defenses help them gel and gives them the confidence to play the way we think they can.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

What was his winning percentage?

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Can we close this thread? McNair and Locker have nothing to do with each other! Please!

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yes huh, theyre both QB's on the Titans!

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sure.

Norm Van Brocklin has less yards than Steve, and more INT's than TD's

How the F do you go to the HoF when your INT's are higher than your TD's?

Same thing for Bob Waterfield.

I can keep going if needed.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar