Will Fisher do it?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vnomus2

vnomus2 Camp Fodder

Lendale is not the answer. CB was outperforming him today even though he only had 5 carries. I don't understand why CB didn't get more playing time today. LW just isn't quick enough to get to the hole.

Nick Harper has been solid. However, today he got burned and missed several tackles. He didn't have a terrible game, but if we get the chance to bring Pac back this year you gotta do it.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Harper getting burnt in coverage is not new to today.

CB has looked quicker and faster than LW. He's still not the load LW is, so he won't get the same pile push LW will. But CB is definitely getting his pads lower this year and running with more power. I'd give him the start. It's definitely not going to hurt.

3. vnomus2

vnomus2 Camp Fodder

Can anyone answer why he, Brown, didn't play more today. I thought maybe he got hurt, but I don't see any mention of it anywhere. He is definetly a better pass receiver than Lendale as well.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I have no issues with Harper,his good plays out weigh his bad.

Chris Brown as a share the load RB is doing a decent job.

White is the problem. He isn't even looking for a gap,too many times the middle is sealed up & he runs right into the back of his blockers. He hasn't got any vision & when he finds a hole just outside of the middle he has no agility to get more than 3-4 yards. He scares no one, his bruising power is a myth created by analysts.

Young has lost his mojo & it has nothing to do with the defensive schemes he's facing. How many runs has he had for downs so far? Few enough for teams to no longer have to account for it. His wish to be a throwing QB is hurting his own play. If he'd run more or even roll out more it would buy himself & his recievers more time.

Standing in the pocket looking like Beaker is doing his WR's no favors. He is rarely getting into a rhythm & the timing of the route running is breaking down because of him.

He needs to run & go back to being Vince. KFC wasn't great when he came in but he was a usable replacement. If Young can't come to life in Houston he isn't going to wake up for anything this year.

5. vnomus2

vnomus2 Camp Fodder

yardage on each carry today.

CB 8, 3, 9, 1, 5

LW 0, 4, 3, 3, 4, 3, 4, 3, 2, 3, 1, 0, 2, 2, 4, 2, 3, -1, 4, 2, 1, 5, 4
    I am somehow missing 2 on lendales carries, however it is pretty obvious who should be getting at least an equal share of carries if not more carries.
    In 25 carries LW has a long run of 5 yards.

In 5 carries CB has 3 carries of 5 yards or more.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Our staff doesn't make great decisions regarding superior talent. Every year our fans point out the obvious before Fisher and Co. fix it...a year later.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I have absolutely no problem with slowing the game down.

But, two yards and a cloud of dust?? :shake:

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If you look at it in feet per carry. It just seems bigger.

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

from waht i saw today i dont say its the olines fault....forget evthing else...think of it from this way....pass blocking and run blocking are not exactly the same...but usually if a player is good one he's good @ the other. all i am sayin is i think our line is still stellar...look at how much time they gave collins in the pocket today....he was gettting pleanty of time...and he dosnt even move around to give his recievers more time...he basically drops and steps up...and thats about it..he's all bout the up and down...too old for the left an right...but seriously...u saw how much time he was getting (an thats y he had a pretty good game 2)

10. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

THE WHOLE OFFENSE PLAYED BADLY, PERIOD!!!,

VY, LW, CB, O-Line, Harper, it doesn't matter, they all needed to play better and we didn't get it. CB is no better than LW, and please stop bringing CH into the fold. When he learns how to pass block then call me. Harper is ok, I would love to see MG in there too, but he's a first year guy, please don't tell me he won't occassionally get beat on a deep ball too. Besides, where was Lowry, or Hope on the deep pass play to Galloway?? The O-line seems to be losing steam a little, but no one is saying much about them, and lastly, don't even go there with the comparison between VY, and KC. VY gives us the better chance to win period!! I surely can't believe that KC standing still and getting sacked that many times is any good for our team.

PLEASE PEOPLE CALM DOWN, THIS IS OUR 5TH GAME!!! I WANT TO WIN BADLY TOO, BUT NOT TO THE POINT THAT I'M READY TO BENCH EVERYONE....Just Everyone Sustain an Understanding and Shutup. (J-E-S-U-S)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar