Will 75% of current personnel be gone by 2015?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Nov 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Will only 13 current Titans still be on the roster in 2015?

I wanted to make a thread about which players will stick around and be major pieces of the next staff. But the more I tried to make the thread, the more I think this whole team is going to be gone and rebuilt with the exceptions of a few gifted players and few long contracts where we won't cut the players for better or worse.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/ten/titans

I think we re-sign Wright and Casey as major components for the future, but outside of that...

Zach Brown still has a cheap year left. I think he would be my next candidate for a serious long term deal and key piece in the next rebuild. Is Derrick Morgan going to receive another contract with the Titans? Luckily 1 more year at decent price to find out. Should we as fans hope the next staff and GM put a lot of money into Alt Verner? I think this ends up his career year and the right move is not to re-sign unless we can get a favorable deal out of it. Is Roos still the bedrock LT for the Titans future?

For awhile, for better or worse, we have McCourty, Levitre, and Walker. Warmack, Hunter and the other rooks.

Am I missing anyone of note? I'm guessing over 3/4th of current players are no longer Titans in 2015. The more and more I look, I don't see the talent in starters or depth. I'm thinking there will be massive turnover.

2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I wouldn't want to get rid of everyone. We are only a year or 2 from a very good team. I do not want to blow it up, but rather just add to it and trim the fat.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Oh yea, this team was built to win in the next year or two and its doubful we find a coaching staff that can win with our current system. I think Ayers might be back, our linebacker coach is garbage. I find it doubtful that coaching hasn't had anything to do with his disappearance. If Morgan is still here I will pull my hair out. Most overrated player on our team.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Really look at the roster and I have a hard time finding more than 25% of current players that a next coaching staff or GM would keep.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

due to age or general non productivity, I agree

6. amy

amy Starter

Keep the players, fire the coaches.

7. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I would keep Casey, Brown, Ayers, and Sensabaugh. If they play their cards right they can sign these guys like they did with McCourty before they hit the end of their contracts. On the other side of the ball, I think it will be important to keep Wright, Hunter and Schwenke (even though he is looking like another glass bones thus far). It would be ideal for Webster's picks to pan out and have a team built through the draft. I'm looking at you Chance, Blidi, Gooden, Stafford, McCarthy, Martin, Klug, Campbell, and Thompson.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

You are reading my mind or something.

I was just thinking yesterday how many current players were on the roster a few years back. Then got to thinking how many will be on the roster a few years from now. Though I was using 2016. And figured 20-25% of the current players for 2016.

On offense

Most likely there:
    • Levitre
    • Schwenke
    • Warmack
    • Wright
    • Walker
    Possibly still there:
    • Hunter -- still needs to show more than potential
    • Roos -- I think he can have a long career
    • Thompson -- Next year will make or break
    On Defense
    Most likely there:
    • One of Verner or McCourty, not both, I hope Verner
    • Brown
    • Casey
    Possibly still there (Some, not all):
    • Ayers
    • Martin
    • Morgan -- If he resigns this offseason
    • Gooden
    • Wreh-Wilson
    • Sensabaugh
    • Stafford -- The next Donnie Nicky

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

start from scratch top to bottom and the sooner the better.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think Hammer nailed with the exception of Hunter. He will definitely be here in 2016. No doubt about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar