Will 7 Passing TD Record Ever Be Broken?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

As many already know, Peyton Manning tied the all time passing TD record for a single game by launching 7 in last nights trashing of the Ravens. He became the 6th QB to ever achieve this mark and the last time was 44 years ago in 1968. All the other QBs to hit this mark were way back in the days when passing was very rare and most passing TDs were dump offs that went the distance.

Now the league is ALL about the pass. Both QBs last night threw combined 100+ passes. So I ask you, will this record EVER be broken? Peyton had enough time left he could have easily gone for 8 and if I was in charge of such things, I would tell him to go for such a rare record. In my mind, they had the game won and in football, when you lose it doesn't matter if its by 1 pt or 50 pts. So the only reason he didn't go for it was to be a gracious winner and not run up the score. Which in most cases, is the right thing to do. And if he was at 5 or even 6 TDs, I would agree with that. But once he randomly hit 7 TDs, I say, BREAK THE RECORD!

So, with my logic layed out, unless both QBs are lighting up the scoreboard and its an all out shoot out. This record will NEVER be broken

2. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

Is Billy Volek still in the league?

3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

The new NFL might be all about the pass, but you can bet we're gonna run it like no one else this year.

And if not Billy Volek, then surely Rusty will do it someday. Or Tebow.

4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

well its hard to say if this record will ever be broken but I think it will because of the way the league is changing to an offense league which I can't stand because I do love the defensive side of the ball just as much. I would say Brady would probobly do it if he has the chance because of the way New England plays, they don't let up on gas when they are winning. Accused of running up the score so I could see them doing it more so than any other team!

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

More teams playing in controlled environments
    More rules which protect the QB
    More rules which protect the WRs
    More receiver-like TEs

I think it'll happen.

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

VY will probably do it

7. NewHorizans

I might be able to see it happening someday in this new league. But the reason Brady has never done it was because a few if not half the TDs the Pats get each game are rushing. They have always been big with running the ball.

8. NewHorizans

Yes. All that is true, but it still comes back to not running up the score. 7 TDs is already 49 pts (including all extra pts made). So the other team has to be doing just as well on offense as you are. And the rest of the game there can't be any rushing, defensive, or special teams TDs. It might happen one day, but I think it will be against to very poor defensive teams with great offenses

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It would have to be a shootout.

I just hope the Titans aren't on the losing end of it.

10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Yeah both defenses would have to suck and neither offense have a running game.

11. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

With 5 rushing TDs IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar