Wilkerson's fine for Locker hit rescinded

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

It is one more than the defender is allowed. Still not answering the manning/brady question I notice.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

the simple fact is, Goodell isn't going to allow his money makers to get scuffed up. I addressed this before, its the burden of having a running QB.

We really are not even watching football anymore, this is the NFL. The quicker we understand that, the quicker we can go back to enjoying the game.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

That was my point...I don't like where the game has gone, it is not real football anymore, everything is stacked against playing D, soon enough it will be touch football. Combine that with the pain in the a$$ of going to the games and putting up with parking, long walk to and from, the fun police once you are inside the stadium have made me decide that this season is my last as a PSL holder (I have had seats since day one in Memphis btw), from now on I will pick a game or two and pay the scalpers. The experience is better in my mancave at home anyways...plus if I drink a 8 dollar beer it is actually a good one.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Credit might not be the best term to use. 'Respect' might be more appropriate.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I always thought it was 3 steps but that is besides the point. like scarecrow says it was just a very unlucky situation, I don't think the hit was that dirty. Even Locker said that hit did not deserve a fine and I have to believe my qb with this.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

These fines will go the way of the fan conduct policy and the "protect the shield" agenda. Ineffective at decreasing incidents but done simply as token gestures. They will lighten up in the near future.

And please everybody go ahead and accept that the NFL is Not For Little markets. It's a revenue driven league which means NY Boston Philly Dallas etc will draw media coverage and league bias in policy/enforcement. The line in giving the people what they want is VERY dynamic and weighted toward the money markets hence the arbitrary appearance.

But Goodell sucks nonetheless.

7. amy

amy Starter

Pretty soon, the stadiums will resemble college stadiums and Nascar track stands-one third empty going to half empty. When the games/races become politicized, people give it up and stay home. And no, had it been Manning or Brady, the verdict would have stood.

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Either way, whatever the steps, just bs. I want to know how it got rescinded? Did the guy bring forth fan footage of the hit to change goodells mind? I am pretty sure they saw every bit of NFL footage when they leveled the fine. What changed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar