Why you should not be a fan of Steve McNair anymore

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Record, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ok... time to play a little message board informal straw poll game.
    Two questions. Pick a smile that best illustrates the situation.
    (that's not really a question but let it count)
    #2 Did the song fit the graphic?

Why not?

It's up to you to know music.;)

2. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

At the rate he's going and if he does play the next five years... he'll wind up like Earl Campbell. He just has to be smart about his decisions.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If he gets to the superbowl, I'll pull for the Ravens. That's my final decision.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If the Ravens get to the Superbowl I'll hang myself.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I ain't buying into this "it's Steve's home, make him stay" thing.

He gave everything, then quickly devalued himself by showing that he's ready to hang it up if things don't go his way.

He was denied his rightfully earned money, regardless of the fact that an NFL contract isn't a contract at all. I wish they would quit calling it something that it's clearly not.

He put in his time here, and for whatever reason, Reese #@*&ed it up. If he feels it's time to go, then it's time to go.

You'll all forget about it soon enough. If he kicks some butt with the Ravens, then good on him, in spite of the fact that I absolutely hate that team and it's crappy town.

Oh, and BTW, he mentored VY without VY actually being on the team. The Bell system works in Maryland also, from what I understand.

John "It's easy to diss an east coast metropolis from here on Maui" Hughes :brow:

7. 2toneblue77

2toneblue77 Guest

Everyone follows the money trail...its the downfall of mankind

8. bromike

bromike Guest

Steve will win a superbowl he has to he came too close and he's given too much to the game for him not too. The Ravens have a pretty good team and with Steve running the offense they are going to be something special. I hate to say it but Steve is a lot better than the team he was on last year. In 14 games he still threw for over 3000 yards and had 16 TD to 11 int. That was basically with a receiving corp that didn't know who to score. Mason and Todd Heap will make Mac a top quaterback again and plus he has so much to prove. You never put a warrior in a position to prove himself. All this always injured talk do you realize Mac has only missed 18 games in 11years. That's less than McNabb, Culpepper, and Micheal Vick. He has played at least 4 years longer than all of these players.

9. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

All I can say if Steve does have some fantastic year this season IMO it will only prove my point in my post about him and bus having this thing planned in advance.

10. Nine

Nine Starter

I was told something today that completely changed my perspective on the McNair situation.

A high-ranking member of the Titans organization recently had this to say about the McNair situation...in particular, McNair's leadership and locker room presence in '05.

"I have never before been in a situation where, as soon as practice ended, the first guy out the door is the quarterback."

So, Steve...you feel like you were disrespected by the team? Maybe if you'd put forth some effort last year, instead of mailing it in....

Yesterday, my heart was broken. Today, I say good riddance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar