Why we're here

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HanniVol Lecter, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I fully believe that we as humans are on this Earth for no other reason than the conditions were/are right. Matter and energy will keep building upon itself (evolving) until something stops it.....nothing has stopped it on Earth yet and we're the greatest outcome that has been produced.

If true, there is nearly a 100% chance that there is another planet(s) in this universe where the conditions are right for the same outcome. May look different every time, but intelligent life nonetheless.

There are hundreds of different opinions, what are yours?

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

this will get overtly religious too, so it'll soon be in Taboo, you should join there.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You have to send TitanJeff a message and request access to the taboo forum.

4. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

I'm here because my parents had sex

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I think it's pretty sad that people can't have serious conversations dealing with important and deep matters without some form of religion or politics involved. Some of these conversations obviously require such ideas and whatnot, but even then it is useless when people can't 'relax' their 'comfort zone' and view/acknowledge different theories...etc..

I'll end this small rant over such matters with a quote that has stuck with me:

"The history of religion, may be the history of science."

But..obviously the reason why we are here is largely dependent on how we got here. There are plenty of the highly popular and the not so celebrated 'explanations'. I first heard the next tidbit on a scientific show and also read a similar statement in a magazine:

Disclaimer: If your ratio, of nurture/nature (research nature vs. nurture), has resulted in your personal reality not allowing you to fathom evolution then, you might not find the next statement to be even remotely legitimate.

The probability of our human genome taking its course of evolution to result, in our species' current state, is equivalent to that of a tornado in a junkyard assembling a Boeing jet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar