Why we are better next year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Vince10, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Bah.

The team will be incredible this year.

The "star factor" fascination that leads to complaining about "no-name players" doesn't take in to account that star players have to start somewhere.

2. Young54

Young54 Starter

i agree that wade was a scrub but bennett definitively was not! But NO hes still not gonna get 1000 yards. I guarantee it. he's gonna be behind Holt and Bruce Bruce.
    Even though bennett could have been a playmaker for us...Vince10 is right that the receiver we have now are not that big of a step down from last years'.

I don’t think were gonna have as bad of a year as some ppl are saying, but I don’t think were going to improve from our miracle season last year. IMO our team is almost identical to last years…I think Brown will be just as productive if not more productive than Henry and were still not going to have huge production from our receivers.

Im going to say we finish 8-8. on one hand, Vince will win us more games because he will improve as a QB and he will be going into the season as the starter (so u can probably subtract the 0-5 start). But then on the other hand, u can also subtract the games that Adam Jones single handedly won for us (i.e. eagles, giants). So with the improvements of one playmaker and the subtraction of another, and then with the rest of the team being almost identical, I think we finish at about even with last year.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

wow

by default the Titans will have a #1 and #2 WR every team does.

competition at RB will be good. I'm just hoping Fisher doesn't go all Fisher and just give the competition to cb because he is closer to SSI than LW or CH

Well KVB is proven and Fat Albert can be dominating. Definatly need some players to shed the potential label and actually play football at RDE and DT though.

Bulluck and Thornton are far from no-name, unless you get your football knowledge from Merrill Hodge types.

Secondary is only 50% "remixed" Hill, despite his obvious faults, will be starting at CB and Hope has a S slot nailed down. I'm hoping Fisher don't get Fishery with LT and start his incompetent dreaded head cause he sucks worse than anything the dolts have put on the field since Jeff George was eating astro-turff in the 90s. Fisher will have to have competition for the other CB job cause Adam will be unavailable till w10 or 10 years depending on his Johnny Cocharan types can pull out of their butts.

Every year is different. Granted the Titans were lucky to win 8 in 2006. But that is no reason to think that DB is the 30m dollar man or that scrapheap ingrate Wade was all that either. TH will be lucky to avoid the disastrous fate of the last Titan RB who put on a donkey uniform.

Titans are probably a .500 team I'm just hoping they overachieve by 3-4 games like last season.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Let's not forget, all these supposed players and personnel losses were still 0-3without Vince. Do you really think they were that good the rest of the season, or was it Vince who made them better. Was it Vince who kept them off the field. Was it Vince who kept the drives alive. Was it Vince who inspired them....

Vince is a one man wrecking crew. He made everyone better last year. He will do it again this year. I think half the people here are about to get doused with how great Vince Young is. I believe he alone can take any team, no matter how sorry, to at least 10-6. He's going to take half of them to the probowl even tho they have no talent.

At every level of football, it's players like Vince, who win. Was their not a kid like this in your neighborhood, who just ran thru everyone. Was their not kid like this in college, who just ran through anyone. Was their not a kid like this in the nfl, who just ran over everyone. Those kids won almost every game. Vince is that dude. You cannot stop him. I'm serious. He will get this team to 10-6 no matter what. It's a team game, no doubt, but he makes everyone better in that environment. One great players makes a whole team better, in any sport.

5. Nash

Nash Starter

We have a chance to be solid.. if our running game can control the clock, and if our defense hits harder, and stops the run.. I personally would be ecstatic with a 8-8 season this year, with more solid games and less fluky victories..

6. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

I agree VY made the entire team better, but he didn't win the Jags game for us did he?

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yep after I read that I stopped because I realized something............you have no clue of what you are talking about.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Care to nit-pick a little more it was one game.

Does Peyton single handedly win every game......no. He wasn't even the reason they won the SB. It was Addai and Rhodes. This could go on forever I mean give me a break.

Along with the fact he had they ball for a whole 12 or 15 mins or w/e it was/

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If you want to define a scrub you might want to compare Bennett's and Wade's careers to the guys who will be taking their place because if Bennett and Wade are scrubs (guys who other teams sure didn't think were scrubs) I guess that makes Gage pure horse @#$%.

This is what is so ridiculous about where the Titans are with these WRs. Most teams want three, not two but THREE solid WRs because teams run alot of three wide sets and you always have to account for injuries. Indy has two of the best WRs in the game and still selected a WR in the first round who's whole reason for existence with them will be playing the slot.

The Titans however have taken the position that we don't need more than one average WR (we would hate to tie up so much CAP money on more than one guy mentality). Contrary to homer beliefs right now Brandon Jones is at best an average NFL WR if that. He now becomes our stud #1 (laughing?). Our #2 is Gage (Bear fans laughing) and it is possible our #3 might be a rookie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar