Why VY SUX

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

This argument is horrible. I wish VY can play so we can see where he is once and for all. Even though he may find it hard under dinger and fisher. I just want all this bickering to end.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Whether it was my general argument, or the more specific argument that followed, they were equally intelligent.
    I'm not taking credit for anything, but I'm not going to sit here and let you say that their argument was intelligent and mine wasn't, simply because it was more detailed and simply because you weren't able to decipher the details in mine.
    Why is it that you think my argument wasn't intelligent simply because it wasn't specific enough?

Sorry buddy, but if you think a backup QB who knows the odds of him playing in a game are against him, is going to be as ready as a QB who knows he's going to start, I REALLY doubt your comprehension.
    I guess I need to explain this one more time.
    Everyone and their mother (in their right mind), realizes that the timing of Fisher putting Vince in when he did, really doesn't make any damn sense whatsoever. We also all know that the game was out of reach not too long after the 3rd Q started when Manning threw the 4th TD. Vince probably thought the same thing and probably thought he would get to go in at that point. What QB really thinks his coach is going to put him in for one f#$%$% series, the last one at that, and expect him to do....anything.
    So I'll reiterate my, 'he wasn't ready' mindset.
    Maybe I should come over to your house early one morning, yank your arse out of bed and make you go to work when you don't want to. You think you'll be ready as fast as you expect Vince to be? GTFO :irked:

I don't. And like I said, if you're that confident about it, post it and prove me wrong. Like I said, 'put up or shut up'; your statement above accomplishes neither.

Yeah, but I already said that in the first statement that you quoted above: I figured you would have realized that when you read it.

Vince's accuracy alone is pretty good. What tends to affect that accruacy is his inability to go through his reads, and his foot and throwing mechanics when combined with his inability to go through NFL reads. Fix those fundamentals and the accuracy problem will take care of itself.

Hey, that 'another player' has pretty much torn himself down. Much like Vince tore himself down last year. But unlike all the Negative Nancys around here, I think he deserves another chance to see if he's improved. That's a far cry from him being my 'golden boy'.
    I've said this several times, if Vince comes out and stinks it up when given his chance, I'll be the first one to say release him.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

VY for brady quinn straight up? One never will be for another never will be.

4. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

this thread should have ended here

summed it up perfectly

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Not once did SifuSoul hang his or her hat on "he wasn't ready" in the original argument.

Any player that dresses should be ready. Lay that lame excuse down to die. That has to be the absolute WORST excuse I've ever heard in Vince's defense, and I've heard some damn Vince Young excuses.

Not only that, but it makes a lot of sense that Fisher put him in when he did. The game had been decided. In fact, if Fisher had kept Collins in for a 2nd week in a row in a game that had already been decided, this board would have been littered with "Why didn't they play Young in the 4th" threads.

This happens all the time in the real world. I'm guessing you're not employed? You know what the difference is? No matter what, I still know what I'm doing when I get to work.

How about we put the shoe on the other foot. You post the footage of the play and prove the pass was on target. I dare you. I didn't even bother looking on NFL Video or Youtube, because other than it's relevance to this argument, the play was extremely insignificant, and I would give it 99.9% chance of not making any highlight reels. I do have NFL Rewind, and I've already seen the play several times, and can watch it any time I want as long as I have internet access. So, knock yourself out.

Not surprised you still missed it.

So, he's the man playing pitch and catch in the front yard. He can't even place the ball in the NFL.

What a copout. "Torn himself down". The best way you can make Young look better is to try to make Collins look bad because there is not much "good" you can say about Young's abilities.

Young has consistently stunk it up, and no, you wouldn't be even remotely close to be the first to say release him, though I'm sure you'll change gears once Young has exhausted your excuses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar