Why so lame?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by arcticboy, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I'm not suggesting high gas prices.
    I'm saying 60% of Nashville gas stations don't have gas at any price.
    There is a serious gas crisis going on in Nashville this week.
    There are major lines at the 40% that do have gas, so people are staying home. Couple that with the fact that that the Texas sent back the tickets they were alotted because thier fans didn't buy any due to the hurricaine and you have some empty seats. I was at the game today there were a few empty seats but not that many. Most were in the club level, they were there just inside the club house as it was VERY hot in the sun today.

I don't think there's any real lack of fan support.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This isn't a big deal. Gas prices is most of it. I'll be ticked though if we don't have a full house next week.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

NOT gas prices - NO GAS to buy in Nashville thus quite a big percentage of people in the area not venturing out unless in an emergency...

I was stuck at home myself, gas-less since Friday and when I did finally get some the pump literally ran out while gassing my truck..

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I dunno. I agree with you really at the moment.

I guess, from this perspective, Pacman and VY gave the game a lot of... excitement. That appeals more to casual fans. I don't think casual fans are hyped up for Kerry Collins.

Maybe I'm misjudging the fan base, cause I know Collins isn't disliked by many in the Nashville community.

But a few years ago, I can see people say, let's go try to get some titans tickets and watch Pacman and Vince do some crazy on the field. Maybe on a nice day like Sunday, some of those people choose a different outdoor activity- hiking, hunting, golfing, boating, whatever.

To think of it too, i know a few season ticket holders that were at the Ryder Cup. Although I can't imagine that a noticeable percentage of empty seats were because of the Ryder Cup.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

lets not forget that gas is damn near impossible to find. That was a huge factor. Even gas can stop a Titan. Hey, look at it this way, atleast we're not Jacksonville who's fans never show up even for a great game against a division rival.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Our first big challenge of the season? The most dynamic running back in the NFL? Oh, WE'LL BE THERE. Come hell or high water. Like the Green Bay/Dallas game...this will show if we really can hang with the big dogs. Say what you will about the Vikings' record all you want, but they are a SOLID team. This isn't just a game, its a statement.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Vikings are about as solid as the Cleveland Browns.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

As of week 3:

The Vikings are 5th in rushing in the NFL. The Browns are 30th.
    The Vikings are 17th in total offense. The Browns are 32nd.
    The Vikings are 8th in total defense. The Browns are 23rd.

I'd say the Vikings have the SLIGHT edge on the Browns. Don't count them out.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And the only thing that matters:

Record

Vikings: 1 - 2
    Browns: 0 - 3

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Yeah, they've won more games than the Browns, but I don't think you can just blow off a team like the Vikings...we will have our hands full

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar