Why not go for two...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by corymiller, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

There was something like 4-5 minutes left at that pick 6 I think

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Oh okay. Well either way, I think the point still stands.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm saying that regardless of what we did today, teams would have to respect us. It's the NFL and you've got to respect your opponent.

I agree that teams may realize that we're better than they may have thought after today, but that should not change the way they prepare for us.

4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I was thinking the same thing at the time. I would have gone for it, and here's why:

It comes down to this:
    Do you trust your D to stop Houston's 2 point conversion?
    Or do you trust your O to get the 2 point conversion?

I trust our O more in a one-play situation like that more than I trust our D. Offenses can get creative and get those measly 2 and a half yards. Had we got the two, it's gg no re. Houston would have had to recover an onside kick, drive into FG range, and make it to win.

5. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Why shouldn't we be considered a "serious team" Throughout the late 90s and 2000s were had one of my successful teams in the league. Now because our QB handcuffs us we can't take next step.

6. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

If you cant stop a team from going down the field and getting a 2 point conversion you dont deserve to win. Titans did the right thing to go up by 8

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Why? Because if you asked me if our D could stop a 2 pt conversion after that I would have said absolutely.

8. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

I was pretty sure we still had an 8 pt. lead with under 3 minutes remaining. Should have won this game.

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

it was under 4 mins, and we also had the ball. one or two first downs and game over but we shut it down... run run pass punt loose

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar