Why Munch Should Still Be Fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kenny, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

did not say I would turn down the playoffs, I'm saying that If they do make it in, it's an undeserved gift by the football gods. That is, unless the Titans do a complete 180 and start dominating the bad teams, and really competing with the good ones.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well its about damn time they helped us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

They tried in 2008.. but Lendale White and Alge Crumpler happened. They've given up on us since.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

No style points in the nfl. Just get to the dance.

5. UCTITAN

UCTITAN Starter

we could win out and he still has to go. winning outn would have ZERO to do with munchak being a good coach. he is an idiot . end of story. but unfortunately he will be back. this team will not pay for a real coach. we like to promote within. munch has spent his whole career here. never won anything. losing ways just regurgitated to the next group and so on. you cant teach winning if you have never known it. i just hate i picked a losing franchise to support. but im vested so i will buy into the franchises ways and except losing year in and year out.

6. nickmsmith

we've been historically pretty bad at that, too.. and when we finally do, pooping the bed. It's just most disheartening to me, that we FINALLY get Manning out of the division.. Texans FINALLY are horrible again, and Jags are bottom-feeders, and we can't properly capitalize.. And Manning's been gone for 3 years now. for the past 10 plus years, there was the Colts-Manning dominance excuse. I bought into it. It's legit.. Manning was one of the best ever, and we were the little brother in the division.. But that's over with. What's our excuse from 2011 til "????" there is no excuse, or until somebody comes up with a good enough one for the easy-to-please Titans fans to buy. We deserve better than what we've had since 2003. Fairly loyal, very polite fans. Definitely the nicest I have ever encountered of any fanbase.

AFCS should be 100 percent the Titans division. 100 percent.. no question. It is THE TITANS fault, and only their fault that it isn't. That is why I will rarely have glowing reviews of anything until there are some serious changes in staff and roster.

[​IMG]

This is why we can't have nice things!

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If we don't make the playoffs I totally agree.

But let's say we make the playoffs at 9-7. We lose the first round game but its competitive the entire game and a close loss. We still fire Munch?

Is that a good message to send to the league, does it matter? Hey, in his third year our coach showed improvement by fielding a playoff team that was competitive in playoff game. And we ****canned him. Come be our new coach!!!

Probably doesn't matter much really but it is a weird message to send.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. UCTITAN

UCTITAN Starter

the message we send is we are tired of losing. 9-7 shouldnt be good enough. that thinking is why we suck now. excepting mediocrity.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

excepting you mean accepting or maybe expecting?

No chance Munch or fans or ownership accepts mediocrity. That is one of the lamest phrases that floats around this message board.

I just don't think you a fire guy that takes you to the playoffs. I and nobody that I've read has suggested giving him a monster extension either.

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

imo if they do not fire him after this season it is only delaying the inevitable because I do not think we resign him after next season. I don't hate the guy but I do not see any reason to keep him either. I would love for us to get in to the playoffs but I think hope dies for us when we go to denver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar