Why Munch Should Still Be Fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kenny, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

As of today the Jags are still technically in play to win the division title. Indy loses out, the Titans lose the right three games and Jacksonville wins out and they win the division with a 7-9 record.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Such a good team does not flounder in the worst division in football. bad teams make rookie mistakes. You can't make those mistakes (that the Titans consistently make) and ever expect to win a playoff game. Titans haven't been able to win a playoff game in a decade even with a strong team that minimizes mistakes.

The only reason we have any hope is because we have played largely garbage teams recently (yes, the colts are straight garbage) and there is absolutely not one good team in this division. We have a cupcake in-division schedule, and still.. only dominated one game all season, and that was against the Jets, who hadn't found their footing yet. Any other win we have gotten, we barely scraped by. If we can't beat the crap teams, or only beat them by 3 points, I don't think there's much hope of going on a 4 game winning streak to be super bowl champs, against all the best teams in the league.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No one said Super Bowl, we first have to make the playoffs, and that we can do.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. nickmsmith

and that is laughably pathetic. The overrated colts who just got their butts plain KICKED by the cardinals and rams are the cream of the crop in this JV division.

In case anybody missed the NFL Europe developmental league.. here's the new one.. the AFC south.

5. nickmsmith

So can the Jags. It's pathetic that the Titans cannot capitalize on being in the worst division in football. it's just plain embarrassing. A good Titans team would have a 3-4 game lead right now in the division, and we're flapping around like a fish out of water.

I miss the good AFC south games, where in-division games weren't a pathetic wash between two loser teams. (unless the Texans were playing the Jags)

Those were the days...

6. JCBRAVE

Our 3 division losses have been really good games to watch. You should try watching one sometime.

7. nickmsmith

I actually watch more than you think. I go to the bars most sundays because my friend still really cares, and my Dad likes to watch the colts stink up the place..

so I go along and drink soda pop and eat buffalo chicken and occasionally watch the games. It's usually less depressing than paying close attention to the Titans.

And what you said is the problem in a nutshell. the Texans and Jaguars are pathetic jokes as franchises. Falling apart at every turn, and we still lose in gut-wrenching fashion, when it should be an easy win, if the Titans were any better than these jokes were.

Plus, it's fun to be the grumpy old man. And being pessimistic about the Titans means that you're likely to be right about 70 percent of the time.

8. JCBRAVE

Yes more times than not things dont go as planned, but at the end of the year thats the story for 31 teams. When its all said and done, only 1 fan base got what they wanted. If 96% of the universe is working to keep us down Im going to make the most of that 4% chance we have.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

To turn down playoffs because we might not make it to the Super Bowl is really dumb.

• High Five High Five x 5
  10. JCBRAVE

We just cut Matthews and Wyllie. Munchak is improving his approval rating today.

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar