Why Isn't Anybody Talking about Evan Engram?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by abc2330, Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Troll alert..

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Engram had a day. But he's definitely not a Mike Mularkey type TE. Anyway, he's an early 2nd, and we don't own one of those right not now. TE is so deep, I would wait til our 100th overall. Maybe 83.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I like Engram, could replace Walker as our Move TE when he finally retires

Engram is what DGB wishes he was

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Walker isn't a traditional "move" TE. Yeah we line him up in different spots from time to time but he can actually block and EE can't. You don't replace Walker with a dude who can't block.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How often does walker actually block?

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

A lot. Do I seriously have to explain how often we run the football? Or how often we run the football with two tight end sets? Or how we frequently ask our TEs to help our tackles by chipping?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Give me Adam Shaheen. Late enough pick that we can spend time working on his blocking techniques and end up with a HOSS at TE to replace Walker.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I would love him in the third. Makes more sense than Engram unless you plan on changing the offense for him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Amazing, isn't it? It's like those 16 games every year just go unwatched.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

It's a good point. Those of us who watch a lot of college football love Engram but thought he might not be as athletic as we'd hope and since he's a avg blocker at best (for a TE), he'd be either a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I don't think anyone saw him running a 4.42 40 and seeing his movement skills with the likes of other wr's really surprised me - in a good way!

For me, I need to go back and re look at his tape with the idea that he might be a big wr...ala Vincent Jackson. 6'3 and 234lbs with 33 1/2" arms and a 36" vert combined with his tape? Definitely 2nd round...maybe he gets into the first?

Most were only considering him a move TE but that limits how many teams might draft him. If hes a big wr with legit deep speed...everyone can use that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar