Why Is No One Talking About Brian Burns? DE/OLB - FSU

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Feb 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The Draft Network is a fan, they have him ranked 4th overall.

2019 NFL Draft Prospect Database - The Draft Network

He is on the light side at 6'5", but he has a frame that can take on more weight. He has a great dip, like Harold Landry, and does well with lateral movement standing up. So he should be able to handle OLB in a 3-4. Good rush moves, good against the run, good motor.

This is a good video cut up of him as it shows him going against a team with a pro style offense.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ive watched a little tape on him, will prob look closer once FA comes and goes if we dont sign a OLB

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I've liked what I have seen so far. I like him much more than Montez Sweat.

@Fry what do you think?

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He’s a top-45 guy. Probably not worth pick 19 because he doesn’t play with power, and that’s a big hole. We’d either have to take him earlier than he should go or trade back up to get him.

He is a longer version of Landry.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

He better weigh more than 227 at the combine

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

He's not even close to Sweat. Sweat is much stronger and can bull rush an OT and run over them, as well as run past them or swim under them. I like Burns ok, but not at 19. If he's there in the 2nd, sure go for it. He's not a top 20 player by any stretch.

Burns is really light and gets pushed around because of it. My biggest issue with him is he's a drag down tackler and takes too long to get the ball carrier on the ground. Even on his highlight package, which should be his best plays - he just gets to the QB, grabs them, spins them around, falls down and they eventually fall down with him. That won't work in the NFL. If that's a QB like Luck or Roethlisberger they get the ball away way before Burns can get them down.

Again, I don't hate Burns, just not at 19.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

This is going to be an interesting off season. I’m curious to see what we do in FA and the Draft.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

FYI, Marvin Wilson in 2020. Dude is a real talent and a great worker. Plays with great effort.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

When arent these times interesting?

Every year Ive been on here has been interesting in its own ways.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I like him just fine, but....

I feel like he needs a really specialized role to thrive. I don't think he adds as much to the team as other guys we could take at 19 or maybe even in the 2nd.

He feels like a Seahawk, or maybe a Falcon to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar