Why is everyone giving up on CJ2k?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by damersbrah, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

This part: "They are good, real good. But if they are saying that CJ is playing well then they are on crack"

If you had followed the link you would have realized it wasn't a site defending CJ at all, just a look at O-line success.

It is virtually impossible to do so, but you're taken that information a little out of context.

"Why are these rankings different from the team offense DVOA ratings for rushing? Among other reasons, they don't include quarterbacks or fumbles, long runs are truncated, and a different set of adjustments is used, attempting to isolate line play rather than total team offense.

A team with a high ranking in Adjusted Line Yards but a low ranking in 10+ Yards is heavily dependent on its offensive line to make the running game work. A team with a low ranking in Adjusted Line Yards but a high ranking in 10+ Yards is heavily dependent on its running back breaking long runs to make the running game work."

It's almost impossible to separate the RB from O-line, but this is about as close as you can get.

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Yea it's not like it's a combination of things. :rolleyes: The awfulness of the o-line is also clear as day.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

which is not very close at all with CJSideways

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I finally went to the outsiders, didnt really want too, and CJSideways is ranked 32nd in success rate - out of 34 backs that have at least 48 carries.

clearly CJSideways is a major part of the problem. CJ is negative in effective yards as well

Best I can tell the little guy is ranked 38 in RB recieving with even more negative effective yards

Clearly golden tooth is a pretty real problem

And clearly I was wrong as the outsiders are not showing CJ very much love at all. I would say what Im seeing there fits with what I have observed. Which is the Titans have a 'franchise playmaker RB' that could be replaced by that kid stocking bicycles at Kmart without any loss of production - as such. Could just remove Amano and go with 10 on O and there would be no difference either.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

I can only hope you don't really believe that. The guy isn't playing great, no doubt about that. But he isn't the root of the problem, its the O-line. I'd say the struggles with receiving are something this franchise has always struggled with. I know traditionally we have been a power running team, but we have to get more creative on screen and swing passes.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

have you watched the games???

if so I find your position to be out of balance, at best.

The little guy runs to the sideline then prostrates himself at the foot of the first defender to get within 5 feet of him. Its pathetic.

Yes the OL has issues - fishface should have never flipped Amano and Harris as a for instance - but when your arrogant, selfish, holdout, coaches dream playmaker decides he is not concerned with playing football, and make no mistake CJSideways has not shown any interest in playing football in 2011, then I know which one I blame the most.

oh and the stockboy & 10 on O comments were exagerations too make a point. I think that kid stocking bicycles would actually run forward if given the chance.

7. thickfreakness

thickfreakness Practice Squad

The play calling can definitely be more creative. It's bamboozling, because in those statistics we're polar opposites in rush/pass- O-line stats can be extremely obscured. Clearly, CJ isn't living up to his contract, and the O-line may or may not be opening up holes, but it falls on the coaches shoulders to fix the problem. Either start splitting carries with his gold fronts, or make some rotations in the line at least.

8. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Even if you're right, which I don't think you are... Great people (as he's being paid to be a great player) adapt to unfortunate situations.

Let me tell you a story.

This happened to me about two months ago. I was in a situation not too much unlike our boy CJ's.

So I meet this girl at my job right? She just got hired, she's a cashier. 19 years old, probably something like 125 pounds. She looked like the lombardi trophy, and it's a safe bet to say her hole was tighter than the ones CJs can't squeez through.

So I talk to her, and I'm starting to get that vibe you know what I mean. She's brushing her back (blonde by the way. Natural.) and doing that thing young girls do when they look you in the eyes and smile and look away real quick. She starts telling me about her life, and asking to hang out after work and stuff. So I'm hyped, I'm like yo, I'm going all the way to the superbowl TONIGHT!

So we hang out, things are going okay. She got on my bike, we go to the mall. This tiny chick orders like 45 bucks worth of food at Olive Garden, but I don't even care. I pay for it. She's hot. Then I take her shopping and buy her a couple things she looks it. It really does work.

Alright we go back to her house, I get what I wanted, she's in the bedroom and hasn't said anything like "Oh it's getting late." or "I'm tired". You know the kisses of death.

So let's get to the point of the story. I get to the good part, and to my complete surprise... I can not get this girl off. Now before you get on me for being inadequet (sp?) or not knowing what I'm doing, I have never, never, never, never, never, never, ever had this problem before. And I know what I'm doing. So I'm doing everything right, and putting in the extra mile. Still nothing worked. I went home embarassed and ashamed.

So I do what a lot of CJ fans do, and I blame the girl. I think "it's" broken. "It" could be compared to the Titans O-line in this story. I just tell myself that this particular "it" somehow got broken, and there's nothing wrong with me. So I see her at work a couple days later, and to my surprise she wants to give it another shot. Now I'm discouraged. For the first time in my life I'm trying to think of excuses why I can't go sleep with some beautiful young girl.

So I tell my boy what's been happening over a blunt and a couple beers. He asks me, maybe it's because she's uncomfortable and inexperienced. Not because she doesn't like you or because she's broken. Maybe she's just new. And I was like you know what, I think you might be right. She told me she only had one boyfriend in the past, and that could've been the only guy she's ever been with. He told me to go slow, make her feel comfortable. Maybe tell a few jokes, and make sure I constantly tell her how pretty she is.

I tried out his advice, and guess what, I've never seen something so wet in my whole life. Got the job done in under 45 minutes, and I can still hit that to this day, anytime I feel like it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The moral of the story is that great players, much like myself, have to know how to adapt to situations they aren't used to. I didn't know how to get that girl wet, but I figured it out. Hopefully CJ can do the same

If the offensive line isn't giving CJ much, he should just take what he can get. Not dance around in the backfield, and take the 2 yard gain if that's all that's there. Eventually the defense is going to wear down or play off a little bit, and the holes will be there.

Also I've seen him run up the middle a lot. Right where the discrepancy in the O-line in question is. Maybe he should try getting to the edge a little more. That's where most of his successful runs came from. Not sure if that's on Munch or CJ.

Now that I've enlightened you, I must sleep. If you need more wonderful stories of superior knowledge and wisdom, feel free to PM me. Anytime.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. pettso

pettso Starter

Fixed this for you.

10. pettso

pettso Starter

On topic, what other people here have said - in my opinion - is correct. Forget the statistics and forget the O-line troubles, watching CJ this year and watching CJ last year or the year before is like watching two completely different people on the field.

Maybe he's sore, maybe he's not in football shape, maybe he doesn't care. I don't know the answer to why, but it's pretty clear to me. I'm hoping the bye week gives him some more time to get accustomed to playing with the big boys again because I really don't think he'll make it through the season as the starting RB if he continues playing the way he has been thus far.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar