Why is everyone giving up on CJ2k?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by damersbrah, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If things don't change they need to get a back in here who can gain more than two yards falling down.

2. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

For those who don't read, or for those who may have just overlooked it.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

The Titans have far and away the worst run-blocking O-line in the league, and it isn't even close. If you are having trouble understanding the statistics or how they are formulated I will be happy to do my best to explain. I said it before and I'll say it again; the problem isn't CJ, its the O-line.

3. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

^^^ I like this poster a lot. Don't know him personally.

Puts his opinion out there, and then doesn't cry when people disagree.

I like this post too. It seems with Tennessee we never have everything clicking at the same time. When he have the run game going, the pass game sucks and vice versa. Same can be said with the defense.

Thankfully the NFL favors QBs, so we might have a winning record when the season's over.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Ive know about the outsiders for a long time. They are good, real good. But if they are saying that CJ is playing well then they are on crack

5. damersbrah

Do you think that is really the topic at hand, what people think about CJ? It's about addressing our problem running the ball, and before we can solve the problem, we must first understand what the problem is. If you think this is just a "dumb excuse" then I don't really know what to say to you. Don't try and divert the topic somewhere is was not meant to go, address the argument straightforward or please say nothing at all.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

problem is clearly the little guys lack of enthusiam for hitting it N-S and the interior lines addiction to estrogen

7. thickfreakness

thickfreakness Practice Squad

As stated in your link:

"However, it is important to understand that these ratings only somewhat separate the offensive line from the running backs. A team with a very good running back will appear higher no matter how bad their line, and a team with a great line with appear lower if the running back is terrible."

Possibly, CJ dancing around, reversing field, and constant indecisiveness killing our O-lines mojo is causing that pathetic ranking.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. damersbrah

If you would read the information provided you would see it has nothing to do with CJ, it's strictly an objective look at the performance of O-lines and how successful they are.

Stats are adjusted to take into account as many variables as possible, and most notably adjusted to a RB with the league avg YPC. This is no way a CJ apologist/excuse thread, he has underperformed. But the root of the problem is the O-line, and I don't realistically see any RB who could have long-term sustained success behind this line under current performance.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

what part of Im familiar with the outsiders did you not understand?

I was using those guys too shut up the EG naysayers way back in the day

and I guess it was a different thread but somone linked that Cj had a 57% success rate in the squeeler game - that right there goes a long way to saying the outsiders need to stay there as far as CJ goes.

10. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

The irony, I think, is that the people that defend him so much don't really watch the games. Or at least they lack focus.

You can make a ton of excuses, but when you actually see what CJ's doing on the field, compared to what CJ did in his prior years... The difference is clear as day.

And not the difference in the O-line or the difference in the defenses lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar